Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno results = someone needs some power

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
944CS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shiners780
I'm also using the original 19 year old wastegate with 95k miles.
My stock wastegate holds .95 bar to redline. The car has 141K on it, but I don't have any records for it. It could very well be original.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
tyro
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The quickly drawn pic below is what the statement "I hold X boost to redline" looks like.

Impossible, right?
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
special tool
Banned

you serious?
Not impossible- that is what my datalog trace always looks like...
except not so steep on theway up...
Old 09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
you serious? Not impossible - that is what my datalog trace always looks like except not so steep on theway up...
I agree, that's very realsitic. As you know ST, the ZT-2 datalogs you've done and I did had a very flat line all the way out. God I love that device!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
But you are kicking butt on the track and having fun. And for now, that is all that matters! You can slowly do your mods over the winter as you said.
Oh, I hear ya. But you know me = never satisfied. The car is lightened, the suspension is dialed in, so the next logical step is.........power.

Yeah, that's what I thought - you are a little low.
I would just leave it for a road course car with the stock turbo.

I think you got a little sneaky exhaust gas past the #1 gasket, or a crack in the headers if they are originals.
Hmmm. I recently had the exhaust manifolds off and checked them thoroughly for cracks. I suppose I could have missed something. The exhaust manifold gaskets are all brand new and the nuts have been retorqued after being heat cycled.

I thought maybe it could have been steam from a coolant leak, but a pressure test proved negative up to 14 psi. Plus I spent last Monday at WGI and didn't lose a drop of coolant. Weird.

It only happened on the first pull, so I'm not too concerned about it. It would just be nice to know what it was.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
tyro
Pro

you serious?
Not impossible- that is what my datalog trace always looks like...
except not so steep on theway up...
Sorry to keep hijacking, but if the initial onset of boost is 3k RPM, is it still possible? Think 26/6 here.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by shiners780
Oh, I hear ya. But you know me = never satisfied. The car is lightened, the suspension is dialed in, so the next logical step is.........power.

Hmmm. I recently had the exhaust manifolds off and checked them thoroughly for cracks. I suppose I could have missed something. The exhaust manifold gaskets are all brand new and the nuts have been retorqued after being heat cycled.

I thought maybe it could have been steam from a coolant leak, but a pressure test proved negative up to 14 psi. Plus I spent last Monday at WGI and didn't lose a drop of coolant. Weird.

It only happened on the first pull, so I'm not too concerned about it. It would just be nice to know what it was.

I am sure you know that is impossible to have any idea about your header integrity if they still have the factory heat shields and asbestos on them.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by tyro
Sorry to keep hijacking, but if the initial onset of boost is 3k RPM, is it still possible? Think 26/6 here.
Going to be difficult with one of those.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default George D's Dyno Chart

George D wanted me to post his old 2.5L dyno chart, to show how flat his TQ was. He is technologically challenged (J/K George!), so he asked if I could do it for him. So here is his chart as it relates to this thread.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Dyno results = someone needs some power