Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cool air brake ducts

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:14 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is a red 89 951. It has a rollcage and four point belts, but I do drive it on the street and to work a few days a week, sometimes more. The suspension has been completely redone, upgraded brakes and FM10 Fiske wheels.

The motor is being built in SLC from go ol Garrity at Motorsport. It's basically a factory 968TS, but using a 2.7 head with 48mm intake and stock TS exhaust valves. We considered a 16V, but I wanted low end and have driven both. Liked both, but really liked the low end of the 8V. Maybe it was just this particular car. Maybe in the future we'll go the 16V route. I remember David Rains car at PIR spinning his tires in third gear with his 16v 3.0.

We are using custom Ross pistons, Oliver rods, and new balanced and lightened 968 crank.

The neat stuff is coming from Tim at SFR. Front mounted intercooler, stage 2 headers, 3" downpipe, SFR intake, oil cooler in place of the stock intercooler location and a blow through MAF.

We are using a full Garrett ball bearing 60-1 T4. The turbo could have been bigger, and many go this route. I wanted full boost at 3200rpm and won't go past 18-20 psi in race gas. I like boost NOW and before 3K. This turbo will run 28psi on these motors. I didn't see the need to have a 35psi 700whp turbo on this car. Seems a tad silly to me. I did this on my old 2.5 with a super 75 from LR. This thing was so LAGGY. Full boost at 4500 on a short track is no fun.

We are tuning for around 450hp and tq at the wheels using crappy 91 gas. Russell Barry at Max951 is supplying his max tune pro and associated stuff for tuning.

I saw your overflow tank and had to have one. Everything under the hood is polished just for fun. Love the look of nasty/beautiful.

Lets keep in touch with our cars and the progress. Two monster RED 89 951's on both sides of the US.

Regards,

George
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is some list of things you have there George. I can't wait to see some pics of this car of yours too. Do you have any pics to share of it being built in the process? I know at one time you had started a thread about it, but I don't recall you posting any eye candy pics?

Quick Reply: Cool air brake ducts