Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can I make 300 hp with stock exhaust and a new waste gate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
JE_951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the mods in my sig and made 273rwhp and 293 rwhp at 15psi. Before my current mods I had only chips, lindsey boost enhancer and exhaust which produced 251rwhp and 313rwtq at 19psi.

My advice is to save up (or buy at one) for a Tial 38 (or 46), black **** boost controller, chips, 3.0fpr.

If you want to do larger injectors and turbo later on then I would maybe save a little more for a MAF and hold off on the other mods since you will be throwing the chips away later on, when you do need the MAF.

By the way when you hear people talking about a 26/6 as apposed to a 26/8, the "s" and 89 models came with a larger hot housing. these model cars can carry more boost in the upper rev ranges creating more power. You have a 26/6. You will be told that 300rwhp is unattainable from a 26/6 but I will test that in the next couple weeks with a worked head and water/meth. But to say the least, you might as well get a larger turbo before spending twice as much for head work and meth for the same/inferior results...

Good luck
Old 09-04-2007, 03:03 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rmoleman
The car is 1986 217 SAE Net hp according to the owners manual.

Any advice on a boost controler?
I just want to make sure you understand that you can't get much more power by putting on a better WG and boost controller without a chip made for higher than stock boost levels. Most of the power gain comes from higher boost because the aftermarket chip adds more fuel too. Significantly higher boost without more fuel means a blown headgasket at the very least.

Quick Reply: Can I make 300 hp with stock exhaust and a new waste gate?