Boston CL - low mile 1986 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston CL - low mile 1986 Turbo

No affiliations whatsoever, but wanted to share. Sorry if this is a repost.

Boston Craigslist 1986 Turbo
Old 08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading the add I have a very hard time believing it is a true 31K car for that price. Why was all the work done with that low of miles? Smells fissssshy.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
philcav7
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last may I paid $9700 for my 86 with 38K miles. Gaurds red/Tan in great shape overall. Interior is "mint" with the exception of the torn plastic on the rear seat belts(LOOKING TO BUY A MINT SET). Exterior is average or slightly above, a couple door dents/chips and such. Full service records were not retained but recent work included clutch, timing belt/pump, besides the minor items.

I was 4th owner with two PCA members holding the car for most of its life.

It's always a buyer beware market, a wise consumer will make good decisions.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've looked into this car previously. It might be a nice deal for someone who wants to tinker with it and bring it up to what it could be. Autocheck showed last recorded mileage at 24.9K in 1994. No records after that to contradict the claimed mileage, and seller claims car sat for a long time (hence all the repairs). I also got copies of the repair receipts. The garage doing the repairs charged a LOT more than they should have, but they did do a lot of work: brakes all around, belts, rollers, water pump, and a new updated intake manifold. However, seller says that it *still* has an exhaust leak, which put me off. The interior looks clean and could probably be detailed to look very nice. If I weren't so far away--on the other side of the country, I would check it out further, but when you factor in transportation or pickup costs it doesn't make sense for me. The best thing it has going for it is the low-miles. That's a unique feature and worth some $$ with these cars. Second best is the recent documented maintenance. The seller is a dealer and the car is on consignment. He seemed like a decent guy. So, if anyone is in that area I think it would be worth checking out. That said, it's been for sale for a LONG time now, so there might be something not quite right about it and it should be checked out thoroughly. If the exhaust leak is an easy fix and a PPI checks out I would say it's pretty close to a no-brainer at the reduced price. It was advertised for $10,500 when I looked into it.

Quick Reply: Boston CL - low mile 1986 Turbo