Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly looking for a MAF

looking to see some prices on a used maf, lindsey, vitesse, or sfr
Old 08-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

SFR makes a great MAF setup as well as Lindsey Racing. Both easy to install. I have personally never touched the Vitesse MAF setup because its to rich for my blood but heard it was a good system as well. My buddy has the Lindsey unit and we just finished the intall and it runs and idles perfect. I'm loosing my crap Huntley setup and going with a new SFR or Lindsey unit in the future that has a MAF sensor taliored to our cars.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:16 PM
mfloren
Intermediate

If you are going to get a MAF you will NEED a Piggy back. stay away from the Apexi stuff, I perfer the Mafterburner
Old 08-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not really true these days. The newer chips and chipboard are very close to perfect for given setups. The piggybacks are very nice to have BUT, setups can be run without them IF you buy from a responsible vendor.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:22 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mfloren
If you are going to get a MAF you will NEED a Piggy back. stay away from the Apexi stuff, I perfer the Mafterburner
You will not NEED a PiggyBack with every MAF kit. The Vitesse kit does not NEED a PiggyBack.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

John,

What's with e-mailing me off the forum? If you can say it to me, you can post it here for me and the other members. That's how forums work. So, how is saying a product is "too rich for my blood" discourteous? It's out of my price range--that simple! Hell, I even said Vitesse was a good system! Maybe you think so highly of your product ("you get what you pay for" and yours is super pricey) that you think anything but "best in existence" is a slam! Besides, how do you know I'm not a buyer? Better ask Tim at Speedforce Racing about that little assumption.

Edit by John D.

Dan - not cool... Not here.....
Old 08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
John,

What's with e-mailing me off the forum? If you can say it to me, you can post it here for me and the other members. That's how forums work. So, how is saying a product is "too rich for my blood" discourteous? It's out of my price range--that simple! Hell, I even said Vitesse was a good system! Maybe you think so highly of your product ("you get what you pay for" and yours is super pricey) that you think anything but "best in existence" is a slam! Besides, how do you know I'm not a buyer? Better ask Tim at Speedforce Racing about that little assumption.

Edit by John D.

Dan - not cool... Not here.....
Dan, I don't believe posting a private email is cool. I emailed you privatly as it was between you and I. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Wow, I get an email from a site sponser saying that I was bashing his products when in fact I was not and John D steps in and deletes the email. I posted the email that Vitesse sent because it was relevant to this post--not to mention inappropriate! But my proof's gone...I'm very dissapointed John. I thought this board was here for the members supporting each other not for the site sponsers so they can treat us like peons...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Im on the verge of getting a maf too. Just havent made up my mind yet. Its between the Promax, Lindsey or Vitesse. I totally agree with Dan, Vitesse is a little rich for my blood as well however i have heard TONS and TONS of good things about it, never anything negative. I just have to be convinced that the $699 Lindsey maf wont give me as much performance gain as the $1250 Vitesse maf.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

yea whats the diff between mafterburner and powerperfect besides 200
Old 08-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Acetylene
Pro

I am very happy with my LR Stage 2 MAF and Power Perfect. Idles smooth and pulls very hard. I'm sure the others are just as good, but I have no experience with them - my .02
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Curious from those reading this thread if anyone has experience w/ Split Second PSC1 digitl fuel controller??

I am going to start working w/ this in a month of so when I go to install SFR's blow through MAF

thanks
Steve
Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's what I can add. I have only one experience with the Lindsey MAF & the Mafterburner and that was with EPIC's car. It never ran right and he was always screwing with it. I won't speculate what was wrong but the only thing that was changed was the chip and the mafterburner was removed. He swapped in a set of Vitesse MAF chips and it ran perfect right out of the box and he never used a fuel controller again. KevinCNC, AZsteve O, and Got Me A Porsha all have the Vitesse MAF/chips without a fuel controller and they all run perfect. I have the Vitesse MAF and my SMT-6 is completely zeroed out.

That being said, let's say you buy the lindsey kit with chips and the required fuel controller (mafterburner) you're sitting @ $1450. That's about $200 more then you NEED with the Vitesse kit which is about $1250.

The smt-6 is nice, but not necessary. What is nice is having a true MAF chip that's not trying to trick the DME and the ability to run a 72lb injector with a perfect idle due to the semi sequential set-up. The Vitesse chips also comes with some pretty cool race maps to use with race gas if you want to get a bit extreme at the track.

My experience only.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you will find the new Lindsey MAFs with Russels chips are tons better than the old MAF and Chips they used to offer.

Make me an offer on the Autothority MAF and chips I have listed in my signature, but I would highly recommend the MafterBurner, injectors sized for your setup, and an Adjustable FPR to get a fantastic tune with it. Dave Lindsey will reburn the APE chips to match whatever setup this MAF goes on. The APE chips are custom burned from APE for the MAF, stock injectors, 27/8 turbo, and 18psi of boost. You would need to talk to Dave to determine if the MAFterBurner is needed with the chip burn he would provide. I personally like the tweakability of the MafterBurner.

I had this setup on my 2.5 liter with Super61 Turbo, stage 2 head and 4 inch exhuast. With 48# injectors and static fuel pressure of 42psi I ran 16 psi boost and dynoed 350 rwhp. This is the setup I dynoed 375rwhp at 18psi and 400rwhp at 20psi. I didn't have any idle problems and never had to fiddle with the tune on the Mafterburner after only a few initial tuning runs. I ran 16 psi for two reasons. The design limits of the stock valve train, and more boost just made my autocross times slower due to excessive wheelspin!

When I stroked the 2.5 up to 2.8 I decided to go with the new LR MAF and Maxx Chips because the calibration on their new MAFs is much much better and Russells chips are, well, just awsome. I'm pretty happy so far, but am still taking it easy for break-in.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The difference between the PowerPerfect and the MAFterBurner is the number of tuning points. Mafterburner has more. The Mafterburner also provides two tuning maps you can switch between with an external switch.

Quick Reply: Possibly looking for a MAF