Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is this the MAF doing this

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 11:59 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Default Is this the MAF doing this

Finally got the 951 running again and i also have a wideband to tune with now. I have an autothority maf and i adjusted the little **** on it to where it ran about a 14 air/fuel mix at idle but then the minute you hit the gas it got super rich like 10-11 and didn't run great (not bad but not very smoothly). cant i turn one of the dip switches on the dme to give something like 6% less fuel. Or should i scrap this maf and get a better one, or buy something like the powerperfect.
Old 08-22-2007 | 12:31 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Keep the MAF and buy a proper chip for it from Vitesse. I've done two Autothority cars with his MAF chips and they run perfect.

If you pull out fuel with the FQS it will pull it out across the board and leave you way lean at idle.
Old 08-22-2007 | 12:38 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

well i can adjust it at idle with that little screw cant ith
Old 08-22-2007 | 12:39 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

cant I.... sorry bout that
Old 08-22-2007 | 08:00 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

But you're not going to drive it at idle. MAFs require chips that are programmed with the calibration of the metering device, in your case APE. Vitesse is known to have a great chip/chipboard to work with APE and stock or different turbos. Jeremy has done several of these cars, with a 3 bar regulator, some type of wastegate to get 15 psi I think - gotten very positive results for little outlay of cash.
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:10 AM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Did the car run correctly with the current chips, MAF, intake setup, turbo etc. before you took it apart?

The little screw you are talking about, I think, is the rheostat that gives the dme a temperature signal. Adjust it to the recommended resistance and leave it alone. It should only be used for fine tuning the mixture to pass smog testing. I can look up the instructions at home tonight if you need them.

The symptoms you describe are very similar to a problem I had with mine, and a new set of APE chips fixed it. The Vitesse chips are supposed to be fabulous for the APE MAF.
Old 08-22-2007 | 11:08 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

if you have the instructions that would be great, it ran better than this before i took it all apart but not great and idle would suck sometimes. 800 for a chip just seems like so much when i could get a used vitesse maf for that probably
Old 08-22-2007 | 02:27 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Keep the MAF and buy a proper chip for it from Vitesse. I've done two Autothority cars with his MAF chips and they run perfect.
as have i, i suggest you take jeremy's advice.

Quick Reply: Is this the MAF doing this