Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Quotes People say about my 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in the park throwing ball in the mafia capital of my area and some poser comes past on the third lap in his 360 modena with his best designer sunnies and stick on muscles and in my best kiddy voice i said "wow! is that a Ferrari ?!?" Can it do a skid ?!!?"
Old 08-22-2007, 01:07 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite, which came from a girl in a parking lot as I was pulling away right after letting my wife out of the car-

"NIIIIICCEEEE!!!"

She obviously didn't see my wife get out. When I picked her up (the wife), she asked if I heard the girl in the parking lot when I pulled away. I answered, "What girl?"
Old 08-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"Nice lambo"
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You paid 3500 for THAT!?

Were you drunk?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 AM
myskyon
Intermediate

one of my favorets is: "thats your car?" or "man i bet thats fast!" "how fast can it go?" and the all time favoret is from the person driving a 1year old car " man i wish i could afford a porsh."

or when guys on stock 600cc sport bikes say yeah i like to go fast so i got this bike. then i come back with well if you wanted to go fast you would have gotten one of these... they then look at me weird and I tell them my car is faster than thier stock bikes. they then all look at me and laugh. and i then tell them we will start the race at 140 and they then stop smiling and i say first one to 175 wins. then they say i am nuts. and i ask them if they want to go. and they allways decline. and i have taken a YZF 1000. it was pretty funny.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myskyon
one of my favorets is: "thats your car?" or "man i bet thats fast!" "how fast can it go?" and the all time favoret is from the person driving a 1year old car " man i wish i could afford a porsh."

or when guys on stock 600cc sport bikes say yeah i like to go fast so i got this bike. then i come back with well if you wanted to go fast you would have gotten one of these... they then look at me weird and I tell them my car is faster than thier stock bikes. they then all look at me and laugh. and i then tell them we will start the race at 140 and they then stop smiling and i say first one to 175 wins. then they say i am nuts. and i ask them if they want to go. and they allways decline. and i have taken a YZF 1000. it was pretty funny.
I romped on some testecle with a bike. It was a susuki something. I pulled a good bus length or two in the higggh gears.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:25 AM
spammajamma
Pro

Default that was rich, lol

Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzi
"You going to get away from that German Bitch today and spend some money on me for a change and take ME out to dinner!!!"

Actual quote from an actual wife who's husband owns a 944 T propped up in the garage while he works on it going on two years who's famous last words will read

"Almost done waiting for some parts"
and still waiting for parts....?!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:31 AM
myskyon
Intermediate

its so funny beating bike is a car. it even funnier when you tell people you can they are all like OMG no way damn that is fast!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myskyon
its so funny beating bike is a car. it even funnier when you tell people you can they are all like OMG no way damn that is fast!!!
I beat a Ferrari on my bike. We were at a stoplight and I peddaled my *** off but I beat him by a good 2-3 car lengths.

Tell THAT to somebody and have them believe you!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Holy ****" -me when first driving my 951. The NA will never be the same.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
dv8nxs944
Pro

I know I have an n/a, but I as picking up my buddy and I got out to go inside, and his neighbor said "I like your car, its cute"
Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 AM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
This is what I hear most....

"Slow Down!"

And that is when I am going the speed limit!?!
I get that way too often. I don't speed on side roads but I'm always getting yelled at to slow down by old men working in thier yard on sundays.

I got a "Holy $%it!, what do you have in that?" after blowing the doors off a turbo'd eclipse that wanted to race from a 35mph rolling start, rofl.

Someone at an auto event a few years ago asked me, "That's doesn't look like a normal Porsche, I see you have the slant nose but why does the back look different then most?" He knew nothing about Porsches and yes, he asked this as a serious question.

After I ran a 12.3 some guy in a slower muscle car called mine a "sleeper", I replied with, "How exactly can a turbocharged Porsche be a sleeper? ". Turned out he thought it was a mazda.

One from my buddy who drags a No2'd mustang and blew up two different 900cc bike engines when he ran No2 on his Yamaha sport bike, "Hey man, when ya wanna run some nitrous?, you want to borrow my fogger? I'd love to see what happens". lol

This is the absolute worst and most horrifying thing I have ever heard anyone say. A couple kids from the nieghborhood came over to check out my car while I was throwing in some new 83# injectors. One of them exclaimed to his friend, "Hey look at all this, it's so sweet, it looks like one of those Fast and the Furious cars." !!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Landjet
I club raced a white 944 S2 about 4 years ago and had it on an open trailer at the time. I stopped by an O'Riellys autoparts store on my way out of town to a race. A guy in the parking lot looked it over for a minute, asked me if it was an RX7. I looked at it and said I guess the Porsche sticker on the rocker panels gave it away.
LOL!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
My favorite from a supercharged Trans-Am that I had an encounter with:

Rogue
Had a low first gear 15-20mph, impromptu run with a Firehawk. Pulled around him by 2nd and 2-3 cars by 3rd.

We got to the next stop light and he looks over and said "damn, that car is F'ing fast!!!"

Made my month!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

One of my favorites was standing in the lunch line at the clubhouse at Watkins Glen (1st TracQuest event) and two guys were in front of me discussing the “really fast” Maroon 951….so I held my hand up and expressed my guilt. The two guys were John D and Todd Serota (TracQuest originator).
It was fun to blast by John’s 914/6 on the straights….I waved a lot….it was the polite thing to do.

Quick Reply: Quotes People say about my 944 Turbo