Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
Here is my offcial lart's review of the video.

You can see Tms reacting to the light instantly but stool takes a least a second to launch, well I have obtain a copy of the cockpit recordings this is what was going on at the moment of the launch.

Tool, okay here we go, damn so this is how a 1/4 mile strip looks like, damn it's really short, (heavy breathing) okay Lutjen control your breathing count to 10 , 1,2 ,3,4,5,6....10, come on Lutjen you are special tool(talking to himself) your car has at least 150 more hp than that skinny judge Reinhold kid, damn I said skinny (heavy breathing againg) (talking to himself again) you are a dumb a$$ Jim you should of stay away from KFC fat a$$. Okay line up, hold the clutch down , step on the gas and go oh man it's easy, okay light is changing 1, 2 , fu%k why did it change so fast, Fu%k , Fu#k where is that Fu*&ng TMS going wait..... let go of the clutch dumb fat a$$(more heavy breathing, gears change sound) tool talking again f^ck I am going to have a heart attack, f^ck that skinny a$$ kid beat me F^ckkkkkk I lost.
lmao i shouldnt have sent you jimmy's on board cam video. i hope he doesnt get mad hahaahah
Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my offcial lart's review of the video.

You can see Tms reacting to the light instantly but stool takes a least a second to launch, well I have obtain a copy of the cockpit recordings this is what was going on at the moment of the launch.

Tool, okay here we go, damn so this is how a 1/4 mile strip looks like, damn it's really short, (heavy breathing) okay Lutjen control your breathing count to 10 , 1,2 ,3,4,5,6....10, come on Lutjen you are special tool(talking to himself) your car has at least 150 more hp than that skinny judge Reinhold kid, damn I said skinny (heavy breathing againg) (talking to himself again) you are a dumb a$$ Jim you should of stay away from KFC fat a$$. Okay line up, hold the clutch down , step on the gas and go oh man it's easy, okay light is changing 1, 2 , fu%k why did it change so fast, Fu%k , Fu#k where is that Fu*&ng TMS going wait..... let go of the clutch dumb fat a$$(more heavy breathing, gears change sound) tool talking again f^ck I am going to have a heart attack, f^ck that skinny a$$ kid beat me F^ckkkkkk I lost.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahahahahahhaaha..haaa..hahaha..ah...ha..

i think i just crapped my self.

Reno... send that onboard video to me!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
special tool
Banned

I have never learned so much from watching one video on the computer.
I am changing 4 things as a result of just this video.

Good job Reno (AKA Jerry-curl).
For those that haven't met Reno - here is a picture of him....
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Tms951
Pro

Ac ouple of points I want ot make:

The track was in great condition and due to wheather was very sticky from the heat and build up of rubber, they also spray the track with a traction compound. In the video you can see the rubber and traction compound on the track.

Tools tires are not 40k tires. They were pilot sports which from my expierience are the best street tires you can buy, they have a tread ware of 220.

While my tires did help my get the jump on tool. I feel a large part of what helped me was how I make power much earlier than tool and this gets me going much sooner in 1st gear and might help when shifting into second. The fact that I have a 2.8 helps befor boost builds which isn't very long.

Other thing that puzzles me is if tool was in a race where reaction time counts why would sit at the line for 2 seconds befor launching. As this was his first run I am not surprised that he didn't do it perfectly. Hell I was under enough stress that first run that I launched badly bogged down and then let go of my second stage of boost (low Boost) with out thinking about it. Luckily it turned out I didn't need lower boost in first gear and did not use it the second run. Since it was a heads up race the thing that was most import ant to me was get off the line as soon as possable, which I only did a good and not great job of.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by special tool

ahhahahahah tool is just jealous he cant have hair like me.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

damn, he is lighter than I thought.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:54 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by reno808
ahhahahahah tool is just jealous he cant have hair like me.

You are right - though I prefer how you wore it 2 months ago to now.....
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

You are right - though I prefer how you wore it 2 months ago to now.....
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 08-06-2007, 12:57 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

damn, he is lighter than I thought.
its the colombian in me
Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

^cocaine?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboX
^cocaine?
pm me if you want some yayyo
Old 08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Outkasted
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow great vid. Am i reading the times right these are 12 and 13 second cars. I thought they would be closer to 11 with all the mods, but seeing as i have never been to a track i guess I wouldn't really know.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Tms951
Pro

Originally Posted by Outkasted
Wow great vid. Am i reading the times right these are 12 and 13 second cars. I thought they would be closer to 11 with all the mods, but seeing as i have never been to a track i guess I wouldn't really know.
The cars both have more in them but both of us as drivers have room for improvement. I know with practice I can do a little better.

The cars really arn't set up for this other than the tires I was running. But you can still see the lack of weight transfer in the video. I also can't launch as hard as I would like because I think the axles will brake.

Another thing that is killing me is gearing. I am shifting into 4th right befor crossing the finish line. T combat this a little bit I was shifting out of third early to get into 4th long enough to be back on power befor crossing. I am in 4th from about 107-115mph. If I had shorter gears like tool I would accelerate harder in lower gears and be able to make more out of shifting into 4th.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
Looks like I won't be eating turds. Thanks!
Nice runs guys!
HAHAHAHA!

I am actually glad you don't have to also.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by Outkasted
People often don't realize...... a high 11second low 12 second street car is quite fast. People look at generic times and don't "feel" reality, but if you ride/ drive an 11 second car that is FAST for most every enthusiast.

A ten second street car is just scary fast..... and I am talking **** your pants, think you are gonna see Jesus fast.

Quick Reply: Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added