Seat Upholstery Kit INSTALLED!! UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKIN951
I need a stapler that spreads the ends of the staples outward. I cant do the top sections until I get this. Because there is no other way to secure the back pad to to the vinyl other than staples.
Where exactly are you guys needing staples? I've never seen a staple anywhere in numerous seats I've taken apart and repaired. A picture would help a lot.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright gentlemen, we have success!
I finished both of the seats today. I was not able to source the correct type of stapler because home depot and walmart... did not have them So I used the longest staples I could get. For those wondering where there are staples:

Since it is foam your stapling into you need the staples that spread apart as they shoot in so they cant pull out.
But on to the good stuff. They turned out pretty good and I cant wait to get them in the sun a little to tightn up the vinyl some. Here are some pics:

As for the upholstery kit, I feel that it is a good price and a good fit. Im sure that as a couple weeks pass everything will start to seat itself and tighten up in this FL HEAT. If you have any questions I have plenty of pictures and answers for you!
Dustin
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice Job!

Looks very good Dustin. Congrats!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sexy! Now paint or replace those hinge covers.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keithr726
Sexy! Now paint or replace those hinge covers.
Uh uh, I like them, I have a 2 tone black and tan thing going on in my car. I actually didnt realize they would be like that until I was putting them on, but I like it!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Looking good. Do those seat kits have a flap sewed on between the side bolster and seat platform? The foam plugs are divided so that the flap and seat bottom can be hog ringed to the springs. This results in a dished seat and semi-raised bolster that keeps you from sliding sideways. It also adds reinforcement and takes some of the pressure off of that seam where they always seem to split. I can't tell from the photos but it looks yours are a bit flatter in the platform than the OE seats. Yours look very well made and the German vinyl is high quality. You certainly can't beat the price either.

I've never seen staples on that seat back area but maybe I just didn't notice it; I've always just used good 3M Hi-Tact and just glued them down with good results. Having staples pointed at my back seems evil
Old 07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

ha ya i thought about the staples in your back but whatever. Those flaps are sewn in on these and I pulled them through the foam and ringed them to the springs. When you sit in the seat the pad sinks in and then the bolsters are normal. Right now they have not been broken in yet.

Quick Reply: Seat Upholstery Kit INSTALLED!! UPDATED