Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My 1/4 mile runs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel I should clear a couple of things up here.

I have drag raced for years in the fastest street car ompetitions and I feel fully qualified to say what is what.

first: the beams are triggered by the front tires. Some people deep or shallow stage depending on the cars reaction and their light consistance

Next the reaction time has nothing to do at all with your et or MPH. It just measures how long it takes you to react to green. If the guy in the other lane reacts slower than you and you get the EXACT same et you win. this is why on test nights you'll see many myself included not care about the light and wait to go. The only time you should worry about your RT is if you are looking to go rounds in any sort of competition. You should usually leave on the last yellow on a full tree and on the first flash on a pro tree.

As far as your car it looks like you babied it on the launch and it lagged a bit long with a 2.7 60'

I ran a 14.09 with a 2.09 60' at 98 mph in my supercharged na car at 5200 ft elevation (air measured 7500 ft) the first time up just to show you what a better 60' can do for you.

Hope this helps
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Acetylene
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have more then 100 passes at the drag strip. Mostly in my Grand National, but also in Camaro's, Vette's, a Nova, even an RX-7. It is unequivocally the front tires. The next time your at the strip pay attention to the staging area, there are actually two beams. As a beginner it is generally best to shallow stage. When you pull up to the tree just pull up enough to activate the second amber light - no further. This will increase your reaction time but, reduce your elapsed time and increase your trap speed. This is because by the time your FRONT tire leaves the beam your car is already moving - giving you a head to start so to speak.
As a note, make sure it is your tire that is triggering the beam and not the air splitter.

Quick Reply: My 1/4 mile runs...