Help Needed: Ignition Wires & Pelican Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:53 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed: Ignition Wires & Pelican Parts

Hey Guys. I've been off of the list for a month or so because i've been extremely buisy finishing up school and such (only 2 days to go!!) But now i definetly need your help!!

Anyway, my car ('89 944 NA) was running badly (missing under load), and i noticed that one of my magnecore ignition wires had vibrated loose . After inspecting ALL OF my cables i discovered that someone had "crimped" them badly to the sparkplugs, and so now (years later) it was nearly impossable for them to fit correctly and make contact.

I decided to purchase new Bosh iridium fusion plugs and new Magnecore wires from Pelican Parts. I've installed them now, and my car is still missing. the new wires are extremely loose on both the plugs and distributor, and the cheap silicone keeps "backing away" the connectors from my plugs.

I called someone from Pelican, hoping that i could return these wires because they are NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, and buy a more expensive set from them. Pelican (rudely) told me that the wires are non-returnable even if the product isn't working.

What should i do??? ( i know that the wires are my problem, because after massive "tweaking" i can get the car to run correctly for about a block or so before the wires become too loose again)
Old 05-30-2007, 03:19 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

Call Paragon.

And FWIW, regular Bosch Coppers work better and cost less than the whiz-bang plugs.

Quick Reply: Help Needed: Ignition Wires & Pelican Parts