Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

RennSpeed Racing - New products, new prices - check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I've actually been asked to make that waterpump fitting, I want to - just havn't gotten to it yet. It's certainly in line........
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharky, I have a suggestion. I'm happy with the intake and exhaust studs I bought from you, but wanted to make a couple of observations.

1. The last thing a 951 needs is longer exhaust studs. The hex keyway is on the long threaded end, so once installed the studs hang quite a bit out of the manifold. I cringe at the thought of taking those manifolds back off now that the motor is in the car. I would reduce the long end.

2. Intake studs, same thing. No need for the extra length. With the stock bolts, porsche did not have to really make the drill and tap perfectly straight. Once the studs were installed, I couldn't get the stock manifold to go over them (studs not perfectly straight up and down due to porsche's machining). I had to drill the stock holes in the manifold bigger to make it fit. Also, when shoving a manifold onto studs that are resisting...the metal it shaves off the holes in the manifold drops right into the valves. I was careful, but some may not be and that could cause some serious damage.

Again, I like the product....just a couple of observations that might make it better. The reference sensor block tool rocks btw.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexCars
It's not about reusing them, its about getting them out while you are under the car. Drilling them out with the car up on jack stands is probably not the most fun you will ever have. Have them made out of the same material they are now and replace them each time you have to do a clutch job. Shouldn't be that many times.
good point.. drilling stripped stuff sucks
Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

espescially those g*d d*mned pressure plate bolts...

Quick Reply: RennSpeed Racing - New products, new prices - check it out!