Corleones new engine is running - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Corleones new engine is running

 
Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
  #1  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default Corleones new engine is running

Finally the new engine is started. It is running fine. Now it will be a lot of tuning with gas and then I will change to E85 (ethanol that you can buy at he gas stations here in Sweden). I have now runned about 20 miles and started to tune. I have not boost more than 0.5 bar but I can say that the power will be there...

I will make some video clips soon...

Here is some short spec:
3 liters Darton sleeved
JE coated pistons
Milledge cam with solid lifter´s and titanium retainers
All bearings coated
SFR 4-1 exhaust manifold
Tial 46 with its own 2½" exhaustall way back
Head with Ferrea 48 mm intake valves and 42 mm sodium exhaust valves with beryllium seats
14.5 mm head studs with modified block, torqued with 175 nm
Special made intake with shorter runners and "real" velocity stacks, 6 liters volume. 65 mm trottle house
1600 cc injectors
Special made IC with flowed test tanks, 4½" x 24" x 16"
Garret GTBB
Link G2
MSD DIS 4 Race
Attached Images  

Last edited by Corleone; 09-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
  #2  
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member
 
sharky47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fema region 6
Posts: 17,873
Default

Sure is a small turbo...............
sharky47 is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
  #3  
5speed300
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 364
Default

Ummm, wow.
Your car is amazing. What kind of hp are you shooting for with that setup? I have a feeling it will be enough haha.
5speed300 is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
  #4  
anders44
User
 
anders44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,324
Default

congrats, looks SWEET!

1600 sure beats my tiny 1000cc's I'm also going to run E85.

what did you do with cam sensor?

is the dump resirk into the intake and the metal piece is support? does that means you are still running MAF? or just don't like the sound?

is there a bigger thread on 944sverige? I looked but didn't find any.
anders44 is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:07 PM
  #5  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by sharky47
Sure is a small turbo...............
Yes... I have several friends with a lot bigger turbos but I want some boost before 5 krpm..
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
  #6  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by 5speed300
Ummm, wow.
Your car is amazing. What kind of hp are you shooting for with that setup? I have a feeling it will be enough haha.
Calcuated power is about 500 hp at 1 bar of boost with E85 and nearly 700 with 1,5 bar. I have set the rev limit to 7600 rpm.
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
  #7  
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member
 
sharky47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fema region 6
Posts: 17,873
Default

I was kidding - that whole car is nuts.

Nice job - looks very professional.
sharky47 is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
  #8  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by anders44
congrats, looks SWEET!

1600 sure beats my tiny 1000cc's I'm also going to run E85.

what did you do with cam sensor?

is the dump resirk into the intake and the metal piece is support? does that means you are still running MAF? or just don't like the sound?

is there a bigger thread on 944sverige? I looked but didn't find any.
I trig with a 24 minus 1 trigger wheel at the cam gear. The reluctor is from a SAAB 9-5, a Bosch one.

Yes, the dump is recirculation into the turbo comressor inlet to help maintain turbo rpm. The metal piece is for the hood lock, its just at the picture it looks so. No I dont run maf, I run map. The bov sound is a bit lower but still very high as it sounds thru the very big KN filter, it measure 12 x 6".
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
  #9  
ittia
User
 
ittia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Off the Autobahn.
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Corleone
Calcuated power is about 500 hp at 1 bar of boost with E85 and nearly 700 with 1,5 bar. I have set the rev limit to 7600 rpm.
Thats just sick
ittia is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
  #10  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by sharky47
I was kidding - that whole car is nuts.

Nice job - looks very professional.
Yes I know but then I got the chance to say why it isnt bigger... My Audi friend has now dynoed more than 900 hp with his 2,2 liters 5 cylinders engine and he has a Innovative T76 and that is big... but no spool before 5 krpm but then nice up to 9 krpm!!!
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
  #11  
ittia
User
 
ittia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Off the Autobahn.
Posts: 777
Default

Can you tell me more about the "Special made intake" please.
.
.
.
.
.
I can't stop looking at those pics.
ittia is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
  #12  
anders44
User
 
anders44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,324
Default

so when will you be at the nürburgring so you can test it properly? remember a video camera so you can get the looks of the silly bikers up bergwerk.

how high will you rev? have you tested the heat shielding around the brake reservoir and found it sufficient?
anders44 is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
  #13  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by ittia
Can you tell me more about the "Special made intake" please.
.
.
.
.
.
I can't stop looking at those pics.
6 liters plenum
Intake runners is about 85 mm
"Funnels" is expanding from 44 to 55 mm
All symmetrical
Attached Images  
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 PM
  #14  
Corleone
User
Thread Starter
 
Corleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by anders44
so when will you be at the nürburgring so you can test it properly? remember a video camera so you can get the looks of the silly bikers up bergwerk.

how high will you rev? have you tested the heat shielding around the brake reservoir and found it sufficient?
Its dangerous to drive fast... but I got a new videocamera with dvd so Im planning to make some clips.

7600 rpm at the most.

I did have the shielding with my old engine to and it works, I have 2 layer. But when I have more time I think I will do a real metal one.

Here is my IC
Attached Images  
Corleone is offline  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
  #15  
ittia
User
 
ittia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Off the Autobahn.
Posts: 777
Default

Originally Posted by Corleone
6 liters plenum
Intake runners is about 85 mm
"Funnels" is expanding from 44 to 55 mm
All symmetrical
Thanks and keep posting pics and info on what you've done.
.
.
.
I think the bar has just been raised!
ittia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corleones new engine is running


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: