Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Yet another "Will it be worth it to go to 3 inch exhaust..." question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Jeeze, how much has been written about this already...

Did you happen to use the search function?

Way too much, about 40,000 more threads on the subject and then everyone might figure out to just do a 3" and be done with it once and for all. It's kind of like spending hundreds of thousands of hours and posts on the internet trying to determine if a K&N filter actually works "better". Who gives a F! Just do it.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

It would be nice if someone would post a back to back dyno result to put it to rest...but those who have it say 'it's the greatest'. At least one respected member says he has dyno'd them back to back at his shop and received no gain at all. Ok...well, as usual you have the emotional "I LOVE IT, YOU NEED TO DO IT MY WAY OR YOU ARE STUPID" posts. Alright, that comes with the internet and the fact that many posting are trying to justify what they spent and get others over to their fraternity. I understand that. But on the other side of the coin....there is Image Auto....with nothing to gain at all in either direction....and his dyno is lying? Or is it Lindsey's that is lying? Is porschefile right, or is pflyers?

This is why it is still being discussed. There has not been a definite answer yet. If the discussion offends you...don't click on the title. I have an idea. One of you that Lindsey likes (that isn't me) call him up and have him send a 3" system to the track gathering coming up. Isn't there going to be a dyno day as well? I'll volunteer my car, we can back to back dyno there..AND if it delivers the power he promises...I'll buy it there on the spot. THAT would be when this discussion ends because everytime someone asks the question, I'll post the dyno results. Discussion over, end of story, god help the person who says I faked a dyno to make Lindsey look good. I think my past posts pretty much negate that possibility...eh?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

I'm not really complaining or saying one is necessarily so much better than the other. I just think it's kind of arguing semantics and not worth wasting so much time over. A cat-less 2.5" seems to work just fine for 26/6 or /8. Larger turbos than that and I'd do a 3" because that seems to work just fine on other similar displacement cars. True, no one has really done a perfect back to back test to provide real, quantifiable, or believable results on our cars. What works for other cars is good enough to satisfy me, but I guess I'm easy to please.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost 32 lbs by going to a LR 3" exhaust.

Quick Reply: Yet another "Will it be worth it to go to 3 inch exhaust..." question.