Andial kills again

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:43 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by VWaddict
There's also two bodies: the original Aluminum body and a fiberglass Everett-Morrison. I dont' remember if the aluminum one has a scoop or not... I'll see if he has a shot of the body -or bodies- to post.
Everett-Morrison is a manufacture of replica cobras. They claim (as do others) to make the most exact replica. The only replica authorized by Carroll Shelby is made by Superformance.

Everett-Morrison makes an excellent car – but they are not “real” Cobras. No CSX number, it’s not a Shelby Cobra. Unless you mean he took off the original aluminum body in favor of a replica fiberglass one. That would be the strangest thing I’ve ever heard then. Taking a real Cobra and doing everything you can to make it look like a replica.
Originally Posted by Andial951
hmmmm......were there different models of Cobras?.......the one in my pic has different tail lights and no bumper...........and leather tie downs for the trunk
So many of them were modified (or wrecked / rebuild) over the years there are many variations. It’s not like Shelby America was an assembly line pumping out cookie cutter cars. They were making changes on the fly back then. The first year Carroll was showing off the Cobra’s, it was the same car painted over and over between shows to make the public think they had more than one car.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
...Unless you mean he took off the original aluminum body in favor of a replica fiberglass one. That would be the strangest thing I’ve ever heard then. Taking a real Cobra and doing everything you can to make it look like a replica.
Wild indeed, but yes, he's got the aluminum Shelby and the fiberglass EM bodies. Yes, it's real, -or at least he tells me it's real!

I believe it does indeed have a CSX number...

I know that the rear wheel tubs for example (they're unlined) tend to pick up stone dings that push the metal OUT instead of in. -Even on the fibreglass, this tends to put "spiders" in the fiberglass, and so the fiberglass one has been on for a while, -At least the E-M and Superformance bodies will fit on a Shelby Frame... I'm told that the Factory Five and others are a slightly longer(?) wheelbase, and don't drop on...

Keith
Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
JE_951
Pro

superformance makes 2 cobra's. their own replica's, and the CSX NEW shelby cobras are also made in the superformance factory. "kit" or not, the new cobras will spank a original, be more reliable, and are almost perfect continuations of the originals.

The cobra in the pic is a Superformance car IMO. It looks identical to the cobras in our showroom. AS well, no one with a original would put sparco's in their car...

superformance cobras are also listed in the shelby registry.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

for all we know, you just put those pictures in the opposite order of how it really went down
Old 04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VWaddict
nah.... leaves. No rocks.

I've got a DTS encoded recording of it here, and it's pretty amusing... the car goes whizzing round you in a circle, and you hear the 'scattering' of leaves in its wake afterwards. -I recorded a short announcement before we started, and you can also hear the wind blowing the leaves around during that...

Keith
Is this sound clip online?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

i have a couple of doctors that come into my restaraunt every moring and they have a 2007 cobra with a 427 roush motor signed by carrol shelby...i havent gone for a ride in the car yet but let me tell you the thing sounds like an animal and i wouldnt want to run with it with anyone of my cars
Old 04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by JE_951
The cobra in the pic is a Superformance car IMO. It looks identical to the cobras in our showroom. AS well, no one with a original would put sparco's in their car...
I'm on the fence - the roll bar looks too high for a Superformance. FFR's are known for the extra tall roll hoop. Not to mention the FFR's trunk is a big stalkier than the Superformance units.

Cannot really tell.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by billthe3
Is this sound clip online?
No, it's a dts so it won't compress down, but I can probably make a stereo submix of it... (slipping belt, scattering leaves and all!)

Keith

Quick Reply: Andial kills again