Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

russel berry maxhpkit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up russel berry maxhpkit

Just wanted to give a public thumbs up to Russel. I bought one of his chips the other day and installed it today. The car ran great at idle but under boost it ran exetremely rich. I sent Russel an e-mail not even 15 minutes later he sent me a reply. After talking to him on the phone (on his dime no less) he determined that the chips were mapped for stock injectors not the 55 pound that I was running ( my fault).
Russel said he would burn me a new set and send them out tomorrow at no cost! To me that is fantastic customer service that deserves some public recognition. Can't wait to see how they work when mapped for the correct size injectors.
Thanks again Russel!!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Thanks David, I appreciate that.

Now you have to post pictures of your car!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 PM
mjensen
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have purchased a chip set for my 951 SP3 racecar. I had excellent help and with some discusion Russell suggested to run a different chip. He burned a new chip, sent it out with zero hisitation. I find this type of business person almost unheard of. The "average" tuner business would say either the one I sent you is fine or I will sell you another set and lets put your car on our dyno with our usual shop rates/fees. I recommend russell's knowledge and products...
Old 04-28-2007, 02:12 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Thanks Matt. Your situation is the reason I designed the MAX Booster chip, you and a few others indicated a need for it. So I just felt it was a better fit for your application than the DME III chip I first sent you mapped for the 2.5 bar FPR. Van has already run his on the track out here at Limerock and says it performed very well. Let me know what you think...

Regards,
Russell
Old 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
blitz951
Pro

Yes, Russel knows his business and has excellent customer service. He was able to map a chip for me and I am running a very modified k27 with a Scivision maf. The car runs hard and drives around town like it was stock.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:47 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But if you had the MAXtune, you just hook it up to the laptop and resize the righ injectors right?
Old 04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
But if you had the MAXtune, you just hook it up to the laptop and resize the righ injectors right?
With MaxTune you can use the FQS scalars for injector scaling if you want, or tune the maps individually. Originally I created a drop-down in the program, still on the demo, which allowed you to pick an injector size and it would change scalars, fuel enrichment, and idle values according to your selection. In further testing of the program I decided that just isn't going to work out with every type of chip mapping a person may be tuning, so I changed it to just give raw access to these values and will furnish suggested settings for these functions the user can tune themselves.

I'm trying to make it as versatile as possible, and still retain 'ease of use'. The bottom line I am finding is that I will probably have to have different versions for different types of cars as not to confuse people. I would also like it to recognize the type of chip you're working with to reduce the possible selections of type. 900+ copies of the demo have been downloaded, and I've received a LOT of good feedback from people on ways to improve it. And to my surprise only a handful of bug reports I received the first couple of days, none since then. And I use it every day here and continue to try to break it.

Quick Reply: russel berry maxhpkit