Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Test pipe gasket question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Test pipe gasket question

I searched on this one in the archives and think I'm all set, but I just want to make sure that I have it straight.

I bought a used Bursch testpipe from a lister that I just had Jet Hot coated. I have the wastegate tie in clamp/crush ring covered, but on the gaskets that go on either end of the testpipe (i.e., between the downpipe & testpipe and the muffler pipe & testpipe), can I use the copper gaskets that paragon sells?

http://www.paragon-products.com/Prod...Code=FS951GAS3

These are for a 3" exhaust rather than my stock size, but I assume that the flanges are the same and therefore these gaskets should work fine, right?

The alternative, as I understand it from searching, is to either:

A.) Buy a gasket sheet or copper sheet, make a template, and cut my own gaskets with tin snips and a 2.5 inch hole saw

or

B.) Buy generic hot rodder gaskets that are similar and modify the holes as required to accomodate the Porsche spacing

I'm kind of inclined to be lazy and just buy the gaskets from Paragon, but I want to be sure that these will work with the Bursch pipe. Also -- is there a crush ring of any sort between the catpipe and muffler pipe that attaches to the muffler pipe, or is this simply a gasket?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

I bought a stock sided copper gasket for my testpipe at lindsey.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:45 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Was that the gaskets at the bottom of this link: http://www.lindseyracing.com/mm5/mer...951EXHAUSTMISC

These are actually the exact same pictures as the ones in the paragon link. I think they're made by Fabspeed? I guess that I just need to order these two and be done with it?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Yep, those copper gasket will work fine -- and they are re-usable. I used them with the Bursch pipe, and now with the 3" SFR pipe, with no problems.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Test pipe gasket question