Head gasket triva - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tms951
I did not like it, it was to laggy. I sold it in favor of a super 61 size turbo and sugest you get the super 61, If I were to get a super 61 I would get it with the T04-E compressor housing and the stage V turbine wheel in a #10 housing, I wouls also stick with a wet turbo. To make full use of the super 75 you need to run 24+ psi of boost otherwise you should be able to make the same amount of torque with the super 61 under that boost level. I can make 18psi of boost with my 60-1 hifi at 3000-3500rpm depending on what gear I am in, it also keeps making power all the way to red line.
thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I did not like it, it was to laggy. I sold it in favor of a super 61 size turbo and sugest you get the super 61, If I were to get a super 61 I would get it with the T04-E compressor housing and the stage V turbine wheel in a #10 housing, I wouls also stick with a wet turbo. To make full use of the super 75 you need to run 24+ psi of boost otherwise you should be able to make the same amount of torque with the super 61 under that boost level. I can make 18psi of boost with my 60-1 hifi at 3000-3500rpm depending on what gear I am in, it also keeps making power all the way to red line.
TMS951
How much power would that be ? what is a wet turbo ?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Tms951
Pro

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
TMS951
How much power would that be ? what is a wet turbo ?
400-450 ft/lbs at the wheels depending on suporting mods. A wet turbo is water cooled like the stock one.

A super 75 will make more hp because the torque does not really drop off but the peak torque will be the same between the two.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

400-450 ft/lbs at the wheels depending on suporting mods. A wet turbo is water cooled like the stock one.

A super 75 will make more hp because the torque does not really drop off but the peak torque will be the same between the two.
TMS951, i wanted to know what you got out of your combination..

if the power curve is that much better with the t 75 then the car would be that much faster
Old 04-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Loquat15
Racer

So that headgasket failure is caused by... detonation... detonation = heat...

So the #4 cyl is a hot spot, #4 cyl fix would be.... to get all the air bubbles out with the LR kit? Kinda makes sense... maybe along with a colder thermostat to keep engine temperatures lower? Makes sense, to a point.

I've found some oily gunk in my coolant system and have an APE2 kit on my car... 16 pounds of heavenly pressure from yee gods... well anyways, it's got some other issues too... ie broken stud in head... crap. makes for a leaky exhaust, right? yeah... half tempted to replace the lifters at the same time... woe is me.

anyways, sounds like the deal is heat. Detonation in JUST the #4 cyl? There's method to the madness.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:46 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
We had discussed this at length awhile back and no 4 is is the hottest running cylinder, there is serious heat buildup there . your other engine last because you are not running straight 93 octane. If adjusted correctly you will not have any issues, a good start is to lower the normal operating water temp . By running the engine at 11.5 this has the same effect of lower the combustion temperature , the key is to get the operating temps down as 93 is very susceptible to knock with the higher temperatures ...

As you discovered going to a harder gasket will not solve the problem. I have never seen the need for better than stock gaskets if combustion is properly controlled, i would prefer to O-ring the block
Us people in Komifornia only get 91 octane at the pumps...

Quick Reply: Head gasket triva - Pics