Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ok. got a couple of questions for those long time

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:27 PM
spammajamma
Pro

Default Ok. got a couple of questions for those long time

rennlisters...1, who is the most reputable used parts supplier for 944's? 2, got a vibration in my suspension that starts at 50mph and can't seem to locate the source..seems the be in the front right wheel well. the shock is fine and had the control arm rebuilt two years ago. 3, dumped my mechanic for incompetence awhile back but the last time he worked on it somehow he left a wire unattached from something, it terminates in a threaded black plastic knurled cap with a contact and is located toward the front of the intake manifold and just behind the airfilter...thanks for your response in advance! oh yeah, it's an 89 951
Old 04-21-2007 | 12:51 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

I've used these guys many times and they have always been great on pricing and ship quickly whether it's going UPS or freight. The website is great for getting part numbers etc as well.

http://www.dcauto.com/
Old 04-21-2007 | 12:54 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Oh, sorry Spamma..didn't see it was you. I'll be working on my motor today and installing it tomorrow. If you want to drive by I'll put an eye on that cap and tell you what it's for.

As for the vibration, when was your last wheel balance? Wheel bearings snug and greased?

I'll send you a PM with contact info.
Old 04-21-2007 | 12:57 PM
spammajamma
Pro

Default thanks Bill, I've used germanautodismantlers before

and "Joe" that runs it is nice but really slow in shipping and does not get the order right most times.
Old 04-21-2007 | 01:01 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

1. 944 Ecology (NY) or Parts Heaven (CA)
2. Wheel balance is a frequent cause of steering wheel vibration
3. turbo temp sensor connector? Have a picture of it or wire color/stripe?
Old 04-21-2007 | 01:02 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Seriously? I had an engine fire which required a hood, complete harnesses and a dozen other small pieces and they nailed it. Have used them for several other smaller orders without problem, but I usually call them with part numbers from their website.

Used to use Ian's out of florida when I lived there but not sure if he is still in the biz. Sorry I don't know any other places to suggest..someone will chime in shortly with something though.
Old 04-21-2007 | 01:06 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by billindenver
Used to use Ian's out of florida when I lived there but not sure if he is still in the biz. Sorry I don't know any other places to suggest..someone will chime in shortly with something though.
Ian is now 944online.com -- still in business, more of a new parts place, but some used parts too. Then of course, there is also Lart from this board who seems be in this business now too...

Quick Reply: Ok. got a couple of questions for those long time