Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

To anyone considering a Fidanza/930 disc/KEP pp combo, think again..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the flywheel mounted to the crank (clutch out), push it forward as far as it will go (thereby pushing the crank forward too). Then mount a dial indicator so its touching the flywheel.. zero it out, and pull the flywheel back as far as it will go. Dial indicator reading is your crank play.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm having the same problem with a friends car. The fork hits the back wall of the bell housing near the slave cylinder, it just does not have enough stroke to disengage the clutch. We just installed a KEP1 plate, Fidanza flywheel and KEP disk. The great mystery is if the KEP disk is to 951 specs or if it is built to 930 specs. The disk has 4 large springs in the center.

In addition to the stroke problem, I believe we are missing the "buffer" or bump rubber that is supposed to hit the clutch pedal when it is at rest. This is causing the pedal to return to an abnormally high position. Does anyone have some pictures of this part?

Quick Reply: To anyone considering a Fidanza/930 disc/KEP pp combo, think again..