Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:39 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your are repeating what I have just stated, it still does not make ANY hp or tq, it simply lets you OBTAIN or RETAIN what the engine is capable of. The engine makes the power , not the IC , period.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Your are repeating what I have just stated, it still does not make ANY hp or tq, it simply lets you OBTAIN or RETAIN what the engine is capable of. The engine makes the power , not the IC , period.
And a bigger turbo wont make more power, and a bigger exhuast wont etc etc I get your point. The net result is its plausible that you walk out of the dyno room with more power at the wheels then when you walked in by changing the IC and achieving the outcomes I mentioned. I am sure almost no one here cares to make the destinction of where the power comes from (obtain or retained) as long as its more! Its a little argumentative... no one is suggesting an intercooler physically makes power in itself.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ951
And a bigger turbo wont make more power, and a bigger exhuast wont etc etc I get your point. The net result is its plausible that you walk out of the dyno room with more power at the wheels then when you walked in by changing the IC and achieving the outcomes I mentioned. I am sure almost no one here cares to make the destinction of where the power comes from (obtain or retained) as long as its more! Its a little argumentative... no one is suggesting an intercooler physically makes power in itself.
+1... I guess if you wanted to be ultra pedantic you would have expressed your surprise at the apparent fact that your intercooler uprade did nothing to decrease intake temperature or increase flow; or, if it did one, it did so at the expense of the other.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Wow. Now that was the funniest newb question I've seen. Andrew doesn't ake a dump that started as a fart witout logging it! lol
Cheers pal! I miss you and your 951.

I'm no newbie. I know who Andrew is but, I didn't feel like searching through old posts to see if he answered this question.

Pole position, of course the IC doesn't "make" power. Arguing semantics is for losers. I'm not sure if you are joking or what. I'm not going to sit here and waste my precious time arguing with someone that fails high school physics. If you can't understand how a larger intercooler can help, that's your problem.

Quick Reply: intercooler