Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AC question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
jhenkel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC question

My AC does not blow cold, and when I purchased the car from the local Porsche dealer last year they told me that the compressor is leaking. A friend of mine has several cans of R12 and a can of AC stop leak for R12.

Is it worth trying that or just biting the bullet and upgrading to the hardware to run R134?

Can I do any irreversible damage by using AC stop leak?

Would using it make it more costly or difficult to upgrade the system to R134 if it does not work?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm no expert but after doing some research on my own and on here, when I upgraded, I did a new compressor, dryer, hoses, and new freon(enviro -safe). The old hoses will leak, those need to be changed.

Part of my problem was my recirc solenoid was not closing off the fresh air ducts. Once that problem was solved, I had very cold A/C - so look into where the blower is located and make sure your fresh air vents are closing when you push the recirc button. I got the Sanden kit from Paragon and that was 5 years ago and I haven't touched it since - very cold air.

jwl did a complete Griffiths compressor/condensor/drier/hose package and I swear, polar bears could survive in that car, on the road in TX in the summer!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would fix the compressor but keep it r12. Ive had both 134 and 12 and the r12 just seemed to blow colder

Quick Reply: AC question