Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Radio Shack Blink tester

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Radio Shack Blink tester

OK - in my never ending quest to diagnose problems and understand my car, i put together one of these blink testers. following the directions from Lindsey i drove around awhile(always fun) to warm up the car. keeping the car running i plugged into the terminals outlined and... it started blinking (wow) it blinked twice paused and then blinked twice again. knock sensor! "sensor installation, plug connection at sensor"... how bout that, just recieved my new injector harness with knock sensor from LR. Here's the puzzle though. knowing there's several things that need attention on the car i expected more codes to come up. none did, it just kept blinking the same code. has someone else done this test? did i do it right? thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

If the system detects multiple codes it won't keep displaying the same one but would cycle through them.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Giantman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can point me please in the direction of the instructions for making one of these?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 AM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

blink code tester
Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Keith - i take it you've done this test. what are the other terminals for? can other tests be performed with them? as i mentioned on mine...it would blink twice pause and blink twice again. is it possible it does this several times before it moves on to the next code. just wondering if i did it long enough. it flashed this code about 4 times before i pulled the plug. thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Radio Shack Blink tester