Spec Clutch - Amazing Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:46 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spec Clutch - Amazing Customer Service

I felt the need to make a separate post about this, because I figured it would get lost in my build thread, and I felt they needed some recognition on this. A little over a week ago I ordered a Spec lightweight flywheel for my 944 NA engine through Lindsey Racing (who I have a long standing relationship with). It arrived on the 9th of March, unfortunately damaged. Honestly the box looked like UPS had played soccer with it, so I immediately contacted Dave Lindsey about it. Unfortunately for me, it was after business hours Friday, so I had to wait till Monday to hear back from him. After a few exchanged emails, Dave informed me that he had been in contact with Spec and since it was dropped shipped from them he had informed them of the problem and I should contact Justin @ Spec. So, after Dave assured me I'd be taken care of, and that I should give them a call, I rang Spec up. Again, another roadblock in my project... Justin had left the office for the day. So I spoke with one of his associates, who instructed me to take photos of the box and the flywheel and send them to his email.

This is where my real contact with the people at Spec begins. I awoke this morning to an email from Justin, explaining their end of the situation and that I should call him for more details. He was nothing short of helpful, and apologized profusely for the situation (despite it really not being their fault). He arranged with the UPS claims department for someone to come pick the box up from me and go through the proper channels (and never ending paperwork) to get the situation taken care of. The bad news, as if there wasn’t enough already, it was going to take UPS ~2 weeks to take care of the claim. Uhhhgg. I of course, still had the option of ordering another flywheel and tying up more cash in aluminum market, which to be honest, I didn’t want to do. I informed Justin that he had been more than helpful and I really appreciated with how painless they made a less than ideal situation for me, thanked him for the help and said I'd just wait it out with UPS. That is usually where this type of claim ends, even with specialized companies like Spec, I was extremely happy with their level of commitment to solving the problem.

To my complete surprise about an hour later my phone rang, it was Justin from Spec. He informed me that he had talked it over with the proper people in the company and they were sending me a new flywheel, on their dime so I could get my project done. Ecstatic does not even begin to describe. The flywheel (though damaged thanks to UPS) was incredible quality, and at 5 3/4 lbs should be an absolute blast with a nice cam and individual throttle bodies. I've also had a Spec 3 clutch in my 944 Turbo which made close to 400whp with zero issues in the clutch department.

Nothing but the best from Spec in my dealings with them, honestly some of the best customer service I've encountered.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:13 PM
chilibluepepper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad Spec stepped up to make things right for you! It's at times like that good customer service is invaluable. Now about UPS.... that's a whole different story! When I ordered my Fidanza from a company I will not name , UPS apparently used it for a frisbee on their way to my house, and put a nice 'ol dent on its edge. The blame game was on, and nobody took responsibility for the problem. I had to order another flywheel on my dime, and then file a dispute via my credit card regarding the damaged flywheel. UPS has damaged a couple other shipments for me, so I no longer use them when I ship anything. Fedex is consistently and significantly cheaper, and they haven't broken anything yet.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 PM
clouddomino
Instructor

I've never had any issue's with the spec flywheel or clutch that were in my N/A. Excellent quality! And when I replace my 951's clutch... Spec is the most likely choice
Old 03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
GMP - Stephen
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We carry Spec clutches and I personally know Jeremy and David. They are both top-notch guys who truly care about their business, their customers and the industry in general.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
juanchovidal
Instructor

I have been buying from Jeremy,David,John,Tim,etc and never have a problem, exellent guys.
But I can not tell you the same from the customer.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

I have been buying from Jeremy,David,John,Tim,etc and never have a problem, exellent guys.
Is that CUSTOMER service have anything to do with a PERFECTLY GOOD broken ceramic head?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

OOPS Forgot the good part...

But I can not tell you the same from the customer.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Dynamics
Is that CUSTOMER service have anything to do with a PERFECTLY GOOD broken ceramic head?
Wow, way to troll. Post reported, PM's send to moderators. This harassment will stop.

You might want to reread the sticky at the top of the forums.

Last edited by MPD47; 03-14-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

oh look at me, i want attention!
Mike,
5 and 3/4 pound flywheel? that will be crazy!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

OOPS Forgot the good part...
How about you take a month off? That would be good, don't ya think.

Based on what I know about this you have been fairly treated by Mike throughout.

Next time you flame him, yer outta here.

Have a nice evening...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Camaro_Muncher
Pro

I dont get it I must have missed something.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

WOAH! You guys need to read right.
Mike, sorry if you jumped too quickly (not my fault). But juancho's post is refering to himself as the customer.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now if only they could make a pressure plate that didnt feel like soggy bread....
Old 03-14-2007, 09:00 AM
juanchovidal
Instructor

MPD47, you can call superman if you wan.
I don't belive your story.
I don't see linsey calling the moderator.
and you did the samething to him.
I just wan that you tell that fool me.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 AM
juanchovidal
Instructor

sorry . that you fool me

Quick Reply: Spec Clutch - Amazing Customer Service