Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Do we need a moderator for the 951 forum?
Yes, a moderator for the 951 forum to help John D. is a good idea
36.11%
No, just drop it, we don't need another moderator
63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Mod poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Oh and as a retired Marine...leave us outta this piddly crap!
That makes two retired marines in here, and we both know you are only in the piddly crap if you type and hit submit. So...Welcome to the pile!!

Bill
89 951
Old 03-16-2007, 08:32 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billindenver
That makes two retired marines in here, and we both know you are only in the piddly crap if you type and hit submit. So...Welcome to the pile!!

Bill
89 951
Semper Fi! Mac

Re: piddly crap
That was in reference to someone elses post about what Marines discuss in the barracks. Other than F#$kin, fighten and falling down I don't recall ever talking about this kind of stuff.
And when we did disagree it usually ended it up with one or more of us with bloody noses and black eyes, but we sure as hell never went looking for some authotrity figure to straighten things out.
That'll just get ya hit harder!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Ahhh, the good ole days! But then again...never could afford German hardware on Jarhead money.

Blowing stuff up has its advantages though.

Semper Fi leatherneck.

Bill
89 951
Old 03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Folks,

First - yep, I've been trying to catch up.. It's my day off - and I'm struggling with getting one of the T1s up (effecting the Rennlist.com e-mail accounts - which is why one of you will notice your status has been updated after I got an e-mail yesterday and tried to reply to today - but - that circuit "no workie" right now, and you know who you are )..

Anyway....

Here is my $0.00002

First - to all of you - THANK YOU for your comments and support. I guess in my world, if folks just pay attention to how they post/interact in any Forum - there really wouldn't need to be Moderators at all? For that - sure - Randy, Marc and several others back me up across this site - and do so willingly and without any compensation or acknowledgment - and have for years... Their "job", while thankless - really helps set the tone and format for Rennlist.

As well - many of you get those same "ideals". Like - it's fine to debate. It's fine to disagree. It's fine to get agitated over someone's reply who you think is just plain "wrong". It's NOT fine to harass them or threaten them..?? With over a quarter a million site visitors a day to Rennlist during an "average day" - sometimes we lose sight of that?

So - here is my $0.00002...

If folks act in a mature fashion - I don't think this Forum needs another Moderator. It's interesting - since posting the "zero tolerance" policy n this Forum - I've only had three reported posts. Before I got them, in fact I put one user on "vacation". He will be back in the next week, and we'll see how he does.

As well - I'm really not into censorship. If I were - I'd "moderate" all the posts in this forum - or "censor" certain words. I won't and I don't. I expect folks to act accordingly - and as mature adults. Most times - I'm not disappointed given that expectation.

Finally - I have a difficult time appointing ANYONE as a new moderator in this forum. Why? It's simple... When and if I do - they loose their credibility as a simple "enthusiast" - or, as just being one of you.

So - bottom line... My thanks again... For this thread, your replies - and understanding. This area of Rennlist - while one of the "hottest" - is also one of the "best"... That's to your collective credit - certainly not mine..

John
Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"With over a quarter a million site visitors a day to Rennlist during an "average day" - sometimes we lose sight of that?"
Somehow this bolsters my suspicion that the site is getting "prettied" for the charitable work...

Lart, seeking a mod to the 951 forum, now that's some stink!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:26 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ibkevin
"With over a quarter a million site visitors a day to Rennlist during an "average day" - sometimes we lose sight of that?"
Somehow this bolsters my suspicion that the site is getting "prettied" for the charitable work...

Lart, seeking a mod to the 951 forum, now that's some stink!
I am one of the most friendly characters on this forum,
Old 03-17-2007, 06:32 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by John D.
Hey Folks,

First - yep, I've been trying to catch up.. It's my day off - and I'm struggling with getting one of the T1s up (effecting the Rennlist.com e-mail accounts - which is why one of you will notice your status has been updated after I got an e-mail yesterday and tried to reply to today - but - that circuit "no workie" right now, and you know who you are )..

Anyway....

Here is my $0.00002

First - to all of you - THANK YOU for your comments and support. I guess in my world, if folks just pay attention to how they post/interact in any Forum - there really wouldn't need to be Moderators at all? For that - sure - Randy, Marc and several others back me up across this site - and do so willingly and without any compensation or acknowledgment - and have for years... Their "job", while thankless - really helps set the tone and format for Rennlist.

As well - many of you get those same "ideals". Like - it's fine to debate. It's fine to disagree. It's fine to get agitated over someone's reply who you think is just plain "wrong". It's NOT fine to harass them or threaten them..?? With over a quarter a million site visitors a day to Rennlist during an "average day" - sometimes we lose sight of that?

If folks act in a mature fashion - I don't think this Forum needs another Moderator. It's interesting - since posting the "zero tolerance" policy n this Forum - I've only had three reported posts. Before I got them, in fact I put one user on "vacation". He will be back in the next week, and we'll see how he does.

As well - I'm really not into censorship. If I were - I'd "moderate" all the posts in this forum - or "censor" certain words. I won't and I don't. I expect folks to act accordingly - and as mature adults. Most times - I'm not disappointed given that expectation.

Finally - I have a difficult time appointing ANYONE as a new moderator in this forum. Why? It's simple... When and if I do - they loose their credibility as a simple "enthusiast" - or, as just being one of you.

So - bottom line... My thanks again... For this thread, your replies - and understanding. This area of Rennlist - while one of the "hottest" - is also one of the "best"... That's to your collective credit - certainly not mine..

John
Thanks for your reply John, anytime you need a good moderator just give me a call I am available.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

PHP Code:
I am one of the most friendly characters on this forum
Not to mention photogenic!

See ya around the campus my friend,... happen to have a line on 993 hollow spokes?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ibkevin
PHP Code:
I am one of the most friendly characters on this forum
Not to mention photogenic!

See ya around the campus my friend,... happen to have a line on 993 hollow spokes?

I don't think anyone on this forum knows more about fair moderation than me, I have been train in the roots of democracy since I was a youngster, my row models for free speach are:

Benito Mussolini
Ferdinand Edralin Marcos
Joseph Vissarionovitch Stalin
Mu'ammer Quathafi
Old 03-17-2007, 07:51 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and all this time I thought you were a disciple of Moa Tse Dung. Oh the dissapointment!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:54 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

LOL! I really have to hold tongue now...

What happened to Genghis and Idi?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John D.
Hey Folks,

Anyway....

Here is my $0.00002

John
I for one am entirely with John on this one. We are adults with our own opinions, we don't need Nanny to tell us what to think or say Yes some suppliers sometimes get a kick up their ***, yes sometimes people are provan that the the brown mark on the side of their mouth is bullsh1t falling out but thats life. The reason Rennlist is such a liberating experience is that it is free speach. However if people cross the line it is usually the listers who bring them back into line not a heavy handed moderator. Soemtimes things may not say what you like, but there are times when even if you can't agree you have to accept and respect somebody elses perspective on matters. This is how we evolve as citizens of the world not just rennlisters. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Live with it!
Rant over
Old 03-17-2007, 11:37 PM
RI951
Instructor

One thing that some people seem to forget is that there are rules that you agreed to when you joined Rennlist. After all, it is a private venture. I think John's rules are fine, and the fact is, if he comes up with a new rule tomorrow that said "no more threads regarding Guards Red 951's", well, it's his board, so I comply or walk. Maybe start my own board for pissed off street racin' Guards Red 951 owners, I dunno.

The fact is, I hate those city folk that move to the country because they fell in love with the fresh air, then the first thing you know, they're lobbying for a Starbucks and all the other comforts of their old home. Take it as you found it. If not, then buzz off.

I'll go out on a limb and say that this board's average age is a bit younger that the 911 or 914 boards, and therefore, all those testosterone laden young bucks are more easily itchin' for a fight. Thus the 944 forums are looked at with a juvenile disdain that is our own doing. Thus the apparent need for a referee...
Old 03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
reactor2
Instructor

I nominate TRON.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good, I'm glad there will be no moderator for this board. We just have to watch what we say to each other. The way I look at it is I don't say anything I wouldn't say to someones face. People on the internet have the opportunity to hide behind their keyboard in the safety of their own home. Some of the things that have been thrown at people here in the past would not be thrown at them in person, I promise you that.
If there were a moderator to be assigned we'd have to go with a person who is opened minded and non judgemental. It's important. I'm sure you guys remember when Guns and I were posting up pics of our girls and many others joined in with pics too.
Most everyone loved it but there were a few who didn't and expressed it. Actually Lart was one of them. Being judgemental would influence a moderators decision in doing his job. I like Lart, I especially like his street racing antics. That's another subject I'm going to miss on these boards. That nix on the street racing stories irritated me too. I just don't think he'd be good for the job. I remember Randy coming on to the thread and said just make sure we don't see any x rated pics and left it at that saying that we were ok with what people put up. He may have had an opinion but he didn't express it or let it affect his moderating. I'm glad things are going to stay the way they are.
I'm sure there are many people on these boards who are gay. So what? What if there was a trans sexual who joined the boards? How about a cross dresser? I already know from some other posts there are swingers on these boards. Boy did they get a verbal beating. People are people, we all bleed the same. That's my .02

Quick Reply: Mod poll