Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust Fabspeed vs Speedforce???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Exhaust Fabspeed vs Speedforce???

I have seen positive reviews of both, looking for help to pick one. Looking for 3" full system down pipe back. This is for a street car with mostly stock power may upgrade to 27/6, but not looking for big power, just good rsponse.

Also looking for one slightly louder then stock, so would resonaters help much??

Off their web sites SFR- $1647
FS- $1345

Thanks for all input, Btw This is for 86 944t w/ k26/8 and looking into DTA standalone (any input on the DTA, would also be appreciated)
Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ1
Thanks for all input, Btw This is for 86 944t w/ k26/8 and looking into DTA standalone (any input on the DTA, would also be appreciated)
Depending on where you are located, it could be a nightmare getting support or someone who knows how to work them.
A friend with a 3.4 liter turbo had nightmares for a few yrs getting someone to sort it out. Eventually, he went to TEC3 and is very happy with everything.
I can't comment on the system itself because he was never able to get it running right with DTA.
Raj
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Zuba951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the Fabspeed 4" full system and it is a work of art!!! The fit and finish is perfect. Big band clamps so it doesn't dent up when you put it on, also easy to take off. I got the 4" because I liked the look of the tail pipe and mainly the sound. It has a deeper note...A 4" exhaust is good for like 1000 HP...maybe I will get there someday...meanwhile it sounds really cool!!!!! Awesome people to deal with I wish all these companies were like these guys!!!!!!!!

Brian
86 951
Old 03-08-2007, 10:08 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have sold quite a few Fabspeed exhausts for the 944, it is a great exhaust. I have heard the speed force racing (but only the catback IIRC), and that was a great sounding exhaust to.

I dont think you can go wrong with either. The craftsmanship of both pieces are top notch.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

I have a brand new 3" catback SFR bullet exhaust for sale! It is a beautiful piece of work. The Muffler and tip are polished to a mirror finish! The piping is not polished but will hold up great. The muffler is a oval shape with a 4" oval tip. The bottom of the muffler says "BULLET" in large letters and the tip of the"tip" also says "bullet" for everyone to see! Pictures:

Originally Posted by special tool
The quality of Tim's work is TRUELY excellent.
It stands the test of time.

And I am NOT just saying that because we are lovers.
The price is around $475 plus shipping.
Let me know, there is another gentleman interested as well!
Dustin
Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRACKIN951
I have a brand new 3" catback SFR bullet exhaust for sale! It is a beautiful piece of work. The Muffler and tip are polished to a mirror finish! The piping is not polished but will hold up great. The muffler is a oval shape with a 4" oval tip. The bottom of the muffler says "BULLET" in large letters and the tip of the"tip" also says "bullet" for everyone to see! Pictures:

The price is around $475 plus shipping.
Let me know, there is another gentleman interested as well!
Dustin
Would that 4 bolt flange bolt up directly to the factory 4 bolt on the cat piece? IIRC there is a ring gasket inbetween there.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you sure there is a ring gasket? My car has a cat back with the origional down pipe and it has a copper gasket in there (maybe the PO put that in instead of the ring?)

-Darwin
Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
Are you sure there is a ring gasket? My car has a cat back with the origional down pipe and it has a copper gasket in there (maybe the PO put that in instead of the ring?)

-Darwin
When I deleted my cat there was a heavy tapered ring that went inbetween the two parts of the flange. I'm sure a copper gasket would work. The nice part the ring is you can reuse it.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Porsche Fan
When I deleted my cat there was a heavy tapered ring that went inbetween the two parts of the flange. I'm sure a copper gasket would work. The nice part the ring is you can reuse it.
save yourself some trouble and replace the metal gasket ring. i just installed a b&b reusing the old ring and was really unhappy with the sound at first. then replaced the ring with a new one and cured a leak and the horrible sound. these rings deteriorate over time and will not reseal.

part # 928 111 244 03 price about $30 from dealer if they have it or $22 from performance products (3 left in stock as of last week when i got mine.)

good luck & happy exhaustion!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SD Porsche Fan
Would that 4 bolt flange bolt up directly to the factory 4 bolt on the cat piece? IIRC there is a ring gasket inbetween there.
Why yes it would!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrZ1
I have seen positive reviews of both, looking for help to pick one. Looking for 3" full system down pipe back. This is for a street car with mostly stock power may upgrade to 27/6, but not looking for big power, just good rsponse.
How do you think builds the exhaust for SFR? Compare the two side by side.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beab951
How do you think builds the exhaust for SFR? Compare the two side by side.
If you're trying to say the Fabspeed is the same as the SFR exhaust that is not true. The fabspeed is a thicker metal then the SFR. The mufflers are far from different as well as the tips of the exhausts. I have seen/installed/owned both.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

My SFR exhaust was dropped shipped from Fabspeed, had their shipping address all over it. I also purchased my cat back from SRF(dropped shipped from Fabspeed) and my test pipe from Vertex (drop shipped from Fabspeed). I am an equal opportunity buyer, whoever has the best price on the same product gets my money. Now it very well could be that Tim specs a different material for his builds. They all look similar to me and I never measured them. Both have been in service to two years and no issues.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by beab951
My SFR exhaust was dropped shipped from Fabspeed, had their shipping address all over it. I also purchased my cat back from SRF(dropped shipped from Fabspeed) and my test pipe from Vertex (drop shipped from Fabspeed). I am an equal opportunity buyer, whoever has the best price on the same product gets my money. Now it very well could be that Tim specs a different material for his builds. They all look similar to me and I never measured them. Both have been in service to two years and no issues.

How long ago did you buy this stuff from SFR? I could have sworn that at one point Tim did have some Fabspeed stuff on his website. However, I can say without a doubt all of the current exhaust pieces on his website, he makes himself. They are definitely not Fabspeed stuff. All of the exhaust pieces I've ever purchased from him have come directly from him in random boxes and weren't drop shipped or anything. Tim @ SFR does ALL of his own fabrication work.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

It was a group buy a couple of years ago. The first shipment did come directly from SFR, but the order was way short. The box had obtained major damage during shippment and I was worried that SRF would give me grief about this. But, it wasn't a problem and the rest was shipped. The rest of the order came directly from Fab since they are closer to me then SFR. As I have stated before, SFR sells good quality products, but I know that vendors outsource parts, they can't do it all.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Fabspeed vs Speedforce???