Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust Fabspeed vs Speedforce???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
silversurfer2282
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's have peeps post pics and hopefully new sound clips if we are lucky.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRACKIN951
Why yes it would!
Must... resisit... can't... hold... out... much... longer...................

I'm going to be out of town a lot over the next couple of months. If you still have it in May shoot me an email or PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
George D
Drifting

Call me silly, but I'm not much of a bling type. LR has a good system that works. Stainless is great, but here is another option. I have this on my car, and it's simply fine. But no bling. It's under your car, even in salt it will last YEARS.

3" LINDSEY 944 TURBO EXHAUST SYSTEM
Code: LR-951-EXH-3
Price: $489.00
Quantity in Basket: none
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Fabspeed supplies SFR. A previous coworker of mine knows Joe Fabiani, and the SFR units were definitely supplied by Fabspeed. Joe's exhaust is second to none. They are absolutely gorgeous pieces. You almost feel bad about firing up the car after the install.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:04 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you George on not needing the bling, but even the Lindsey system winds up being close to $1000 once you add in a tied in wastegate, the magnaflow muffler, and a tip (no coating). I've always been curious how the wastegate gets tied in on the Lindsey system - from the website it looks ilke some fab work will be required? Or is the Lindsey system truly a bolt-on?

With all the talk about exhausts lately, I'm wonderiing when (hoping) we'll see a thread about a group buy .....
Old 03-10-2007, 02:09 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by mtnman82
I'm with you George on not needing the bling, but even the Lindsey system winds up being close to $1000 once you add in a tied in wastegate, the magnaflow muffler, and a tip (no coating). I've always been curious how the wastegate gets tied in on the Lindsey system - from the website it looks ilke some fab work will be required? Or is the Lindsey system truly a bolt-on?

With all the talk about exhausts lately, I'm wonderiing when (hoping) we'll see a thread about a group buy .....

exactly. If you go coated - you are pretty much in range of heavy guage SS in full polish from fabspeed.

Agreed full polish exhaust is kind of silly, but can't get it any cheaper in stainless
Old 03-23-2007, 06:05 PM
silversurfer2282
Advanced

Just had a Fabspeed install yesterday. LOVE it!!! Great sound and I can really feel the car come alive.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK something sounds really weird to me: PAYING $1100-1500 FOR A FRIGGIN' EXHAUST! It's just metal piping for christ's sake!

Even if you ask a muffler shop to use the most quality stainless you can find in like .065 or .185 and buy the most expensive, blingtastic Borla Boomerz muffler you can find, you'll still have just paid hundreds less than for these systems!

I honestly don't understand it...? Any input would be appreciated...

</end soapbox rant>

p.s. I never meant to offend anybody; it just truly baffles me.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can find someone who does custom work, I'm sure it can be done much cheaper. I've seen a few posts over te years about people doing just that. Just need to find someone at a shop with the skill and willingness to do it. I don't see any reason why they don't go for at least 25-40% less than they do (and I think there's still profit margin in there ...).
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the SFR 3" full system - I like it, my wife thinks it's too loud. Just drove a car with the LR 340 kit that I installed he opted for UEGO at the time, got the exhaust later. The LR unit sounded just a bit over stock at idle and cruise but sounded really nice on boost; probably a few db under the SFR.

But next month, track car comes out at Hallett - 3" exhaust with transition to 4" and then the tip, WG dump to atmosphere, no muffler - now that's a sound for the track only but it sure sounds good as you pass those air cooled boys.

If someone can host the SFR soundbite, I have one from a few years back.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mtnman82
If you can find someone who does custom work, I'm sure it can be done much cheaper. I've seen a few posts over te years about people doing just that. Just need to find someone at a shop with the skill and willingness to do it. I don't see any reason why they don't go for at least 25-40% less than they do (and I think there's still profit margin in there ...).
It may be expensive, but it beats the alternative which is the stock components. There isn't a large market for 944T upgrades, just a dedicated following. If you take the time and find a shop that has the right equipment, and you can find and purchase the correct couplers, then go for it. I looked into local shops and they were reluctant to attempt the fabrication. I would like to make my own someday, but it will take some time to find the parts and a couple of thousand dollars of equipment and training to do it. I just need the time and the $$.

Why not start up a thread on how to do your own 3" exhaust?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
2bridges
Drifting

all true $1000+ is a pile of money for exhaust.

However - you pay once - after that it is all good. Love my fabspeed. I would buy it again.
For me stainless was required.... price all ov them and you'll find them all in this range

It's all perspective.....
1300 exhaust on a 15K car is not so unreasonable, on a 4k car is a different story

Aside from the fact that no exhaust shop will touch an exhaust sytem without a cat, I will point out the fact that most exhaust shops do OEM grade work primarily. Most can't actually mandrell bend 3" in a tight radius if at all.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:30 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually I am considering the LR exhaust w/ connection to WG and O2 bung for WB, but w/o muffler, coming to about 670$ shipped.

Looking for suggestions Of which muffler to use. The one LR sells with the exhaust seems loud, I think it is magnaflow.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's not; nice idle, cruise - now it opens up at WOT but still under the total sound of the SFR.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

I have the lindsey 4" system, coated, 3"DP, WG to atmosphere, no cat, and borla XR-1 muffler........ It sounds good, but when on boost it gets LOUD. If I had to do it over again, I'd go with SFR or Fabspeed, as the fit and finish of the system as a whole is alittle sub par.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Fabspeed vs Speedforce???