944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Silver Rose 951 on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 04:52 PM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Aw mannn, Alex now you got me squinting. Not sure those are adjustable perches or not. Could this be a non-S 88? Is it really Silver Rose or is it Kalahari Beige? Did Porsche sell the optical delusion interior on any non-S cars? Do you think Lois Lane really didn't know about Clark Kent's other life? Is is kinda rough for a mechanic's car.....

Time to go home and crack open some Glenlivit to steady my paranoia.
Old 02-20-2007 | 05:01 PM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

If you look closely at the driver side koni you can see the adjustable perches, making it the m030 option, as came stock on all Turbo S cars.
Old 02-20-2007 | 05:27 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

If anyone is interested in buying this car, i live about 20 minutes from where its said to be located and can take a look and give me an excuse to test drive it. Its very possible this car was owned by a mechanic at Silver Star Porsche in Roslyn.

If i was in the position to buy a 951 right now i would probably offer $9000 cash for it and see what happens. Seems like a solid car and baring it checks out in person i wouldnt hesitate to buy it. And rest assured the first thing i would probably do is change the color of the interior... or bypass that all together and completely strip it out.

The belts defenetley should be done as he says they were changed when he bought the car 7 years ago. Otherwise everything else dosent look bad..it just needs the exterior cleaned up a bit and the interior cleaned.

And BTW, the plate says Champion MotorCars, that place is about 5 minutes from me if its located there...i may just take a look at it for the heck of it.

Maybe i can ask if he will offer a student discount.

Quick Reply: Silver Rose 951 on ebay