Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Charley Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Charley Arms

A set of Charley Arms out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida were on Ebay last night and should have ended about 11:00 or 12:00 central time today, but they disappeared this AM by 7:30, statement: No Longer Available for Sale.
I hope someone here got them. They stopped at $959.00.
Just curious.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on that note - I would like to buy a set of early offset arms in good condition - anybody got a set up for grabs, please PM me

of couse Rob 3 would have first crack at them
Old 02-15-2007, 06:22 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

I was the highest bidder on them at $981 and I had bids up to $1200 as they looked nearly new. The guy withdrew them early without notice whcih pissed me off no end. I had arranged to have them shipped to somebody in US as he would not ship to UK and we had discussed everything. Now he will not even return emails. The guys name was Chris Burson does anybody know him??
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

I've done business with him on eBay and he was very good to deal with. Go figure.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most likely, just guessing, he had an offer to sale, end the listing early. Had I not gotten a set last month, with hubs, and spindles already drilled, I'd have bid on these too.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Well if anybody has any Charley's or Fabcar arms give me a shout!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommo951
Well if anybody has any Charley's or Fabcar arms give me a shout!
You may have a shot at used Fabcar, but the Charlies? Good luck. They are "very" hard to come by used, let alone new too. They are a rare commodity, but without a doubt one of the best arms ever built. Race proven with years of experience!

Cheers.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd been watching them come and go and I saw the pix Ski posted talking about the RE arms so I thought I'd look to see what was out there thinking how desirable they are keeping in mind what RolexNJ just said, and BOOM, there they were. That's why I was a tad ticked when they disappeared, no buy it now, nothing. SO if you weren't in the area and could walk in cash in hand, U B toast.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who was watching. I'd hoped they'd gone to a Rennlister. I admit I don't really NEED them, but they are beautiful and I love good hardware.
C'est la vie.
Thanks for the input.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
You may have a shot at used Fabcar, but the Charlies? Good luck. They are "very" hard to come by used, let alone new too. They are a rare commodity, but without a doubt one of the best arms ever built. Race proven with years of experience!
They are still available. However, Charlie makes them "when he has the time" and is not working on other projects. Apparently there is a 2-3 month order backlog. Good guys at Autometrics.
http://www.autometricsmotorsports.co...rley/index.htm
Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ken D
They are still available. However, Charlie makes them "when he has the time" and is not working on other projects. Apparently there is a 2-3 month order backlog. Good guys at Autometrics.
http://www.autometricsmotorsports.co...rley/index.htm
"I" know that they are. But thanks for the heads up though. I know all about Charlie, and the story behind him more than you know. I'll leave it at that.

Cheers mate

EDIT: Thanks for that contact. I just called them, very nice guys. But it's the same old story I've know for years!

Quick Reply: Charley Arms