Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Both John and Allens rear ends look the business!"^^^^^^^^^

JUST EWWWWE!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone considered using that 3m crap to make 951 side skirts sit more flush to the body? It seems like most of our cars have bad fitment of those damned things. My car is black, so I doubt it would be noticeable. hmmmm thoughts?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:48 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diver944
Both John and Allens rear ends look the business! (did i say that out loud? )

I think both of mine have been resealed poorly at some point as they both bulge and look unsightly when you look closely. I'll try my local 3M stockist for some of that sealant on a roll
Thanks Paul

That's what I've been saying as regards the seal job I see on most 944's, they all have the sealant bulging out all over the place?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ehall
has anyone considered using that 3m crap to make 951 side skirts sit more flush to the body? It seems like most of our cars have bad fitment of those damned things. My car is black, so I doubt it would be noticeable. hmmmm thoughts?
Ehall,
Thats a good Idea, I too find the bottom sill spoiler to be a bit of a hit and miss in the fitting dept. I decided not to re-fit them when I'd repainted the car - they only collect crap and mud anyway which leads to rust issue's.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bucaroo Bonzai,

Definately install the rope caulk! It is needed to keep out water and exhaust fumes. Only use the factory rope caulk because it is the proper diameter. If an non-OEM rope caulk is used and the diameter is too small it will not seal. If it is too large it will squish out and will be visable.

The rope caulk is available from the Porshe Parts Counter. How do I know? I just bought a roll from them last week (Disregard the date on the picture, I need to reset the date on my camera).

My wife broke my lens and I had to repolace it. The box of rope caulk cost me $60.00, but there is enough in the box to do probably 5 lenses. If you are interested, I will sell you a cord for $12.00 per lens.

You will need to clean off all of the old and dry rope caulking before you install the new. I carefully scraped off the bulk of the old cording with a dull screwdriver. Then I used solvent and many rags to get off the rest of the goo.

If you want to buy some of my cording, send me a PM. I also live in Gilroy.

Quick Reply: Taillight to calk or not to calk?