Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Racer's Edge Control Arms - Words from RE about the rumors

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Would the Charlie arms be a better unit because they are made from a solid billet instead of relying on welds? It seems like they were the only ones that were CNC machined and were priced only a little higher than the rest of them. This is not a knock on Karl or his products by any means - I bought a complete set of his bushings and feel that he is a top notch supplier. I'm just wondering if the billet model was better than the welded up/fabbed model. Does anyone know of a another source for billet arms?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Would the Charlie arms be a better unit because they are made from a solid billet instead of relying on welds? It seems like they were the only ones that were CNC machined and were priced only a little higher than the rest of them. This is not a knock on Karl or his products by any means - I bought a complete set of his bushings and feel that he is a top notch supplier. I'm just wondering if the billet model was better than the welded up/fabbed model. Does anyone know of a another source for billet arms?
I personally went with the Charlie arms for the billet reason. While the design seems well engineered (and very similar to the Charlie's), I have a hard time spending that kind of money on welded a-arms whan for a few more bucks you can get the Charlie's. They are however leaps and bounds beyond other arms on the market (lindsey, SFR, etc).
Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Jeremy - where did you buy? I cannot find a vedor
Old 02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karl:

Thank you for taking the time to post on Rennlist and give us an update. I am sure that everyone truly appreciates it. I can't say enough that your course of actions taken were nothing but short of true professionalism. It shows how a vendor stands by his products, and gives excellent customer support too. Your actions clearly speak volumes in itself. So thank you, and we hope that this issue is resolved and that you'll be back into production soon with your control arm.

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Karl:
If only more people think and acted the way you do, we'd all be better off. I appreciate and admire the speed and professionalism of your actions.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Again Kudos to karl for the expediency and professionalism in handling this situation. As soon as I saw this thread I contacted a friend (Pete at RS Barn who is in the middle of doing a lot of work for a firehawk 968) who I thought would be impacted by this recent development.

karl had already called him from Sebring as soon as it happened. Pete said the problems only affect the last batch manufactured. Also there are no known failures of RE A-arms up to this point and the current problem is easily corrected.

My car is full of Karl's products and all is well.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Team944S2
Instructor

It was my car that encountered the failure at Sebring. As Karl stated, he came over almost immediately to check what happened. He even offered his car to me for the weekend. I declined as he was in the "hunt" after a mere 3 sessions. Karl has been very professional during this unfortunate mishap. He will make it right and life will go on.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Team944S2
. He even offered his car to me for the weekend.
That's pretty classy. I'm glad your car survived to fight another day.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Another nod to the professionalism of Karl. I race a car that Karl built for me 3 years ago (built to F class spec) On Tues, I spoke to Karl and he asked me if I would not mind sending my arms back. They were from the second batch ever produced and have been raced hard for the past season and a half. He wants them to x ray to make sure that there is no problem. He is not just looking at one batch but going much deeper than a bad weld on one arm. It does not suprise me Karl would offer his car to the driver that lost a control arm, he is a class guy. Is it a hassle to pull my arms off and send them back, not even a little bit. If my arms come back with no issue, I will post those results and put to rest any concern someone may have about the control arms or dealing with Karl. Again, I have race this car for 3 seasons, every part he sells is on this car, nothing has ever failed or caused me a issue. Do I have a vested interest? not really. I am just a happy customer and am glad I bought a product(s) from a company with a owner that stands behind what he builds.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its great to know that suppliers like this are still around, I know that with so many on the board going to these arms they can sleep well at night knowing that someone like Karl is there making sure his products are what he says they are. I just hate it when rumors get around and stop people from buying quality products because of hear say.

Thanks for posting Karl.

Quick Reply: Racer's Edge Control Arms - Words from RE about the rumors