My 951 Puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 11:09 AM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

Default My 951 Puzzle

So yesterday it started.........
My friend helped me trailer my non-running paid-to-much-for paperweight of a 951 across town to his garage.
Sure beats the tarp i've been keeping the car under so far.
It was a bit scary because the trailer was coated with ice. But we got it there.
The car should have good company with his viper blue 1973 bronco and i hope when it come back home, it will be under its own power.

I've got ALOT to learn about the cars, so i'm going to have a heap of questions as i get into it.

I woke up from my first 951 dream this morning, cracked something on the engine. I guess i'm a little nervous, this is the first car with a computer i've worked on.

So it begins tonight, i'm wrapping the exhaust.
Attached Images     

Last edited by jakery; 02-05-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:23 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

You cracked the block torquing a bolt? To what? 12319ft/lbs?!?!
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:24 AM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Thats what I was going to say. And what bolt did you torque?
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:26 AM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

I re-worded it, i actually had a night mare, not a cracked block.

It was probably because i had too many chicken wings last night before bed.
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:29 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Old 02-05-2007 | 11:41 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

He said it was a dream..........
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:42 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

I think he is saying he had a nightmare that he cracked the block.

I know how you feel. I had nightmares the night before my finals in law school that I forgot my pen and spent the three hours alotted for the exam looking for it!
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:46 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Oh crap Jake, your knees are getting weak already!

I suggest you wrap the exhause AFTER you get some miles on the car, and no, trailering her around town doesn't count, because any lower oil leaks will make your wrap much more flamable if it gets soaked. I'm just say'n...
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:30 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
I think he is saying he had a nightmare that he cracked the block.

I know how you feel. I had nightmares the night before my finals in law school that I forgot my pen and spent the three hours alotted for the exam looking for it!
I had a similar re-occuring dream in college.

Instead of going home, I go to the neighbors'. I ring, but nobody answers. The door is open, so I go inside. I'm looking around for the people, but nobody seems to be there. And then I hear the shower running, so I go upstairs to see what's what. Then I see her; this... girl, this incredible girl. I mean, what she's doing there I don't know, because she doesn't live there... but it's a dream, so I go with it. "Who's there?" she says. "Joel," I say. "What are you doing here?" "I don't know what I'm doing here; what are *you* doing here?" "I'm taking a shower," she says. Then I give her: "You want me to go?" "No," she says; "I want you to wash my back." So now, I'm gettin' enthusiastic about this dream. So I go to her, but she's hard to find through all the steam and stuff; I keep losing her. Finally I get to the door... and I... find myself in a room full of kids taking their college boards. I'm over three hours late; I've got two minutes to take the whole test. I've... just made a terrible mistake. I'll never get to college. My life is ruined.

Old 02-05-2007 | 12:30 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Doing some searching, I have found a few instances of people having engine fires that seem to be caused by flamable liquids soaking into their exhaust wrap.. Personally I'll be going with ceramic coating or something similar when I do mine.

Plenty of people have wrapped headers with no problems, I'm just sayin.. seems to increase your chance of going up in flames.
Old 02-05-2007 | 03:38 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tifosiman
I had a similar re-occuring dream in college.

Instead of going home, I go to the neighbors'. I ring, but nobody answers. The door is open, so I go inside. I'm looking around for the people, but nobody seems to be there. And then I hear the shower running, so I go upstairs to see what's what. Then I see her; this... girl, this incredible girl. I mean, what she's doing there I don't know, because she doesn't live there... but it's a dream, so I go with it. "Who's there?" she says. "Joel," I say. "What are you doing here?" "I don't know what I'm doing here; what are *you* doing here?" "I'm taking a shower," she says. Then I give her: "You want me to go?" "No," she says; "I want you to wash my back." So now, I'm gettin' enthusiastic about this dream. So I go to her, but she's hard to find through all the steam and stuff; I keep losing her. Finally I get to the door... and I... find myself in a room full of kids taking their college boards. I'm over three hours late; I've got two minutes to take the whole test. I've... just made a terrible mistake. I'll never get to college. My life is ruined.

Old 02-05-2007 | 03:43 PM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

Joel, that was pretty good for your 10,000th post.

sorry about all the steam
Old 02-05-2007 | 05:00 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by ivai
Doing some searching, I have found a few instances of people having engine fires that seem to be caused by flamable liquids soaking into their exhaust wrap.. Personally I'll be going with ceramic coating or something similar when I do mine.

Plenty of people have wrapped headers with no problems, I'm just sayin.. seems to increase your chance of going up in flames.
Typical forum-quality advice, "I think it might be true, therefore I post"

The flammable liquids are the fire hazard, not the wrap. If you are driving around in a car that soaks the wrap with fuel or oil, it's a piece of ****, FIX IT!
Old 02-05-2007 | 05:28 PM
2bridges
Drifting

"If you are driving around in a car that soaks the wrap with fuel or oil, it's a piece of ****, FIX IT!"

AMEN BROTHER!!!
I wil not tolerate any car leaking... i fix it, or I send it away!
Old 02-05-2007 | 05:49 PM
jakery
resident n00b
Rennlist Member

I've been reading, Yes, Mike, i can read, i just can't do math.

If i coat the exhaust wrap it will prevent fluid retension.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...part=THE-12003

no affil. w/ above site.

Quick Reply: My 951 Puzzle