Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Update - stolen in Denver w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man im soo sorry to hear that happened to you.

may the bastards burn in hell.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the whole "getting hit by a bus as they get out of the car, 944 unhurt" death...but yes, die he must...I have a freshly cleaned M16 sitting but a few feet away with 180 rounds of 5.56...

-Darwin
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM
ericj001
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beeg
I dont imagine it, or the wheels, will surface this far south.
Do you have the factory alarm? If not, why not?
Working in Surveillance as I do I can verify that most digital setups suck. We have a few and review of footage is a nightmare.

Get an experienced operator to review the footage. We can, many times, pick up and interpret stuff that other people miss.

Syart planning for the next car!
agreed, ill take an old tape based recorder anyday. digital is very convienient, but most set up the systems for maximum recording time rather than image quality. If you own or are plan on buying a DVR, get the biggest hard drive you can, then crank the resolution up as high as it goes. better to have a week of high quality video than a month of useless pixelized clutter, and you can enhance a quality dvr recording or a vhs/8mm recording. you cant do squat with 10 frames per second. And fer gads sakes, if you have a PTZ system, save a few grand and buy a good tape based recorder for it, save the DVR's for the still cameras until the terribyte hard drives come down in price to realistic levels... just dont forget to cycle the tapes

as a side note, its not to difficult to install a pin hole chip camera in a vehicle, linked to a small carputer that can actually email you a picture of the bad guy inside your car, along with gps data via a cellular interface.. cost a bit of change to do , but not to hard...
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
My944Turbo
Instructor

I'm sorry to here this. It makes me think twice about where I park my car downtown. I've got the Tech Center to Boulder covered every morning and night while commuting. It won't be to hard to notice that car around here as I think I have only see two on the road since November.

Honestly I had quite worrying about people stealing my car as I thought the effort to steal it and the fact that it isn't worth that much kept them away. Better make sure we all have comprehensive insurance....a stolen car is a big hit to the wallet without it. Maybe you'll get lucky and he will high center it (without damage) on a side street since some of the roads still aren't plowed. Good luck and I'll be looking for it daily.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:32 PM
nkgosselin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Again all. Thanks for the eyes wide open thing.

As far as pics, I lost all the good ones I had of it when my last mac crashed. I only have a couple of pics that are from when I repainted the wheels.

Lucikly I have a good friend who lent me his 72 Ford F250 until I resolve the whole situation.

I'm still shocked, as one person posted, I never even thought someone would steal the car.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

I doubt that the car will end up in Canada but will keep eyes open anyway. My sympathy to you. It's just gotta be a bitch.

Lanny
Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nkgosselin
Again all. Thanks for the eyes wide open thing. As far as pics, I lost all the good ones I had of it when my last mac crashed. I only have a couple of pics that are from when I repainted the wheels. I'm still shocked, as one person posted, I never even thought someone would steal the car.
Damn, pics would have helped a lot. Try and dig some up some where, ok? Try and look. And just be optimistic at this point, and follow thru on the procedures you need to do. We will all keep a look out for it. Hopefully people that live near you will be on the look out, others one ebay, and other car listing sites too. Don't give up yet, it is still to early, so stay positive my friend.

Edgy01: It was my 3.0L 8V that was stolen over 1 year ago, remember me? Anyway, I don't want to relive that at all. Let's focus on helping out nkgosselin and his situation. But I know "exactly" what he is going thru, and will do anything to help, as is the Rennlist community too, dammit!

Lets all stay focused on helping him and not going Off Topic as this thread may go...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

I was hoping for good news by the time I got to the end of this thread . Hope you get top dollar from the insurance if it doesn't turn up.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Max Power
Racer

taken at 4:30pm? I'd suspect that the thief knew your schedule

I'll keep my eyes open for it in the Philadelphia area
Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 372 Posts

I am looking for your car in Toronto canada...although I doubt it is here. I wonder if it was stolen for parts, joyride or what? keep us posted as to progress. I also thought my 951 would not be a target for theft...I guess the thiefs are realizing what a great car the 951 is!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:35 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

nkgosselin - have you gone to any PCA or other club events or just drives with friends where pix might have been taken? Worth thinking about.

good luck
Old 01-26-2007, 06:05 PM
mechon
Advanced

Default Eyes Wide Open here In Atlanta

Good luck on Post More Pictures
Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lanny Curlett
I doubt that the car will end up in Canada but will keep eyes open anyway. My sympathy to you. It's just gotta be a bitch.

Lanny

The car won't be coming to Canada unless it's as a bundle of parts. When importing a car you have to fax a copy of the title to the US border and they have to confirm that it's not stolen. I highly doubt any thief is going to risk getting caught at the border with a stolen car.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

I got Golden/Lakewood covered - my car buddies are keeping an eye out too!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm watching.

Quick Reply: Update - stolen in Denver w/pics