911 in rear view mirror , slowly disappear

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:16 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boost feen
I read that sight administarators wish or prayer and it sounds to me like he needs to take some Geritol or Metamucil.

This is my rebuttal to this sight admin's. post-------------

Racing cars on the track is the right place do do just that race, that way when you make a mistake on the EDGE you will do no harm to those that are not asking for said harm (ie. signing the waiver that all race tracks make you sign)

So when on a public road if driving your automobile at normal speeds and never exceeding any kind of traffic laws why own a Porsche car for street use. Everyone should buy a hybrid right? Wrong I live in America and I drive like an American! I follow the laws most of the time but I will use the freedoms that all of us Americans have and that means that once in a while- I WILL SHOW THAT CAR OR CAR'S NEXT TO ME THAT A 400 RWHP 968 TURBO S WITH A LIMITED SLIP 6 SPEED WILL BLOW THIER DOORS OFF IN A STRAIGHT LINE, AROUND CORNERS, AND UP UNTIL 180 mph LEAVE THEM IN THE DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do this all as safely as humanly possible of course. No smilies can portray what I feel right now. -Shawn C. Morrison
You make an excellent point in that if you never "push" your car expect on the track, then strip it down and get it on the track and buy yourself a Yugo for the street. So anyone that has an issue with driving outside the laws on the street should get it on the track or on ebay.

The issue is that people here read about a "street race" and ASSume they were doing 120 in and out of traffic during rush hour. 99% in here are NOT 17 year old kids out street racing a car that was NOT built for that. Not to mention any high speeds are done on wide open highways/interstates or a stop light WOT that normally doesn't go over 60/70mph.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Acetylene
I am confused. Isn't this "elsewhere"? Where else should we talk about our cars performance and brag on our exploits? Maybe we could find an online Porsche forum somewhere that is full of like-minded enthusiasts ...hmmm.

Seriously, its going to happen and I think everyone here, well almost everyone, has the maturity to reckognize the difference between a spirited run on an open highway and weaving in and out of school zone traffic.
O-TOWN representin' !!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

The whole argument that the forum could get shut down because people are posting up "illegal" things is not very true. Maybe you havent been on any other car forums, but usually every other thread is This car Vs. That car...
Germantechnik.com even had a street racing forum.. to keep all the stories in one place.

I have no catalitic convertor on my car, but maybe i should go put it back on before the forum get shut down.

I respect John D.s intentions with the utmost respect, this is his forum, but I think what he was trying to get rid of some of the completly blatient dis regard for human life stories that we have all seen here before, not a "i stomped on the gas and smoked a carerra" threads.

-Jeff
Old 01-23-2007, 03:20 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
And you don't think this goes on anywhere else?

-Darwin

DFastest, you beat a GT2???
I'm not knocking the guy having a brief race, I am knocking the flag waving, cliched chest beating of boostfeens little speech and that somehow you have to be American to be free?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

I think we have just about stomped a mud hole in this subject.
If this were the N/A 944 or 924 forum (not knocking them I own them to and they will go way over the speed limit so I've heard, look in any "Porsche Factory Manual") I could maybe believe everyone was putsing around town all legel like most of the time.
The kicker here is TURBO and I will wager no one is buying one to go from 0 to 45 mph faster than your neighber, and if you are you need to sell and spend you money more wisely.
Porsche even tells you how fast there cars will go.
It's all good. Everyone be safe and obey the speed limits.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Naplesguy06
Racer

I see that I opened Pandoras box. For the record I let off the gas at 65 MPH, speed zone was a 55. Also, my car is bone stock with exception to the Cheater turbo and chip from huntley and a shimmed wastegate. Its not like reckless driving was happening or going to happen. And remember I said that at 3 lights this fellow continued to instigate a spirited run, enough said let it go already.Next time ile just drink my Dunkin.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 AM
DivineE
Racer

Was this the sort of sensible driving we were reffering to...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...6a000fdc9f.htm

Seriously! I actually thought I was about to see an 82 car pile up at one point! Loony loony driving!

Ben (fantastic handling and accelerating cars though!)
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Naplesguy06
I see that I opened Pandoras box. For the record I let off the gas at 65 MPH, speed zone was a 55. Also, my car is bone stock with exception to the Cheater turbo and chip from huntley and a shimmed wastegate. Its not like reckless driving was happening or going to happen. And remember I said that at 3 lights this fellow continued to instigate a spirited run, enough said let it go already.Next time ile just drink my Dunkin.
Hey Naples, I for one enjoyed your story. You can somewhat tell if people are being reckless in their stories, and I hate how quite a few people just jump to the conclusion that you were going 70mph in a 20mph school zone while weaving in and out of traffic while dodging crossing guards blindfolded. Glad you showed that guy that the older cars can still hold their own! If ya ever have another interesting event again, PM it to me, I for sure wouldn't mind hearing it!

-Darwin
Old 01-24-2007, 09:49 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

So if I relate the story told to me by R... (A NC State Trooper) about a Carrera he spotted, it would not be suitable for the forum? If these "kill threads" are related in the third person, it would then be acceptable?

As was told to me, R... was on duty and a 911 passed him in the opposite direction. Radar showed the 911 was in excess of 100 mph. The trooper turned around and gave pursuit. "At 130 mph I was starting to gain on him, but then we got into some turns and the Porsche did not slow down. I backed off and smiled, thinking 'Damn', those cars are fast."

Here is a picture of R... at a croquet/gtg he was invited to this past fall.
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

NOOOOO. Next time, smoke him and then if he does the pull off to evade follow him all the way home. LOL!!!

Don't worry, you didn't stir up anything that hasn't already been before and if anyone in here got their feathers ruffled from the race, they will get over it.

What is awesome is that he was in a Carrera 4 and you beat him from a dig and not a roll. How fast to he launch with the AWD??
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Off the line he had more torque, no doubt, but after 3,000 RPM I was coming up fast on the
Death Star!, it was over at about 55, I guess he wanted to practice his cornering.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Owain
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

This morning I stopped at Dunkin for my morning cup of 2.00 coffee...
2 bucks for a cup of coffee? Hope it was a big one
Old 01-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just state that you were on a "closed course" with pro drivers or that it was a digital recreation, then you're covered. Seriously though, street racing is something that I think a large majority of sports car owners have done at least once at one point or another. Is it dangerous and disrespectful to other people on the street? Technically yes. Can it be done more safely? Sometimes. It's not a positive thing to be condoning, and it's definitely a horrible thing when it involves traffic as opposed to a barren stretch of highway. Still, people do it and have done it for the last 5 decades or so. We all know it's not the smartest thing to be doing, and I'm sure most of the people on this forum are adults so I'm a bit tired of constantly hearing about how bad it is. Have I raced anyone on the street? Yes. Will I ever do it again? Probably, I'm a guy, what do you expect. Would I ever do it with traffic around? Hell no. Everyone is responsible for their own actions so let's stop reiterating the obvious.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Seriously, like we're not gonna post when we kick some ***. What about the time I kicked the **** out of a GT2? Or the crazy Supras I race? I love hearing this stuff. Keep it coming...it's a forum
absolutely. And while i repsect where john D. is coming from a story about a race isint just with the honda guys. Everyone does including john D. himself at some point in his life I promise.

I understand where the arguement comes from but, why buy a porsche if you aren't going to run it every once in awhile. And are you ALWAYS going to be on a track when you play ofcourse not. Its foolish to think so.

I say if you got a good story you should be allowed to post it.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Acetylene
Seriously, its going to happen and I think everyone here, well almost everyone, has the maturity to reckognize the difference between a spirited run on an open highway and weaving in and out of school zone traffic.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: 911 in rear view mirror , slowly disappear