Driftomagnfico 600 WHP, 10,000 RPM Nissan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 AM
ittia
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just FYI:)

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Skylines are not legal in the US and in Canada only recently.
Just FYI

You can get a Skyline in the US. http://www.motorex.net/ is place to go. The only reason I'm saying this is that about once a month they are in the paper here. Service members bring them to Germany from Korea and then realize that it's a pain to get back. In fact, here is one that's in the paper today:
*Nissan Skyline-R33-GTS-T '96, 56k km, japanese spec, inline 6 turbo, power everything and lots of upgrades, spangdahlem are, needs clutch, Must sell PCS'in, $11,200 OBO derrick 01756-947936

A buddy of mine got his for 10K and I was almost broken down to get one too because of my search for a 951. I paid a little more than he did for my 951 but I got what I wanted

Let me know if anyone wants one, I can be the point of contact here.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
2bridges
Drifting

not convinced. Don't care. And I can edit dyno sheets too. whoopie do
Old 01-22-2007, 10:44 AM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solo,

No affiliation with Drifto, nor do I care much for Nissans, but they make badass engines. R33 Skyline GT-R located here in Greensboro, HKS turbo's, AEM EMS, built bottom end, crazy head. 612rwhp @10,200rpms. Roughly $30k invested in the engine at one shop alone, not including the turbo and such. Another SR20DET in the local drift rings, basic aftermarket valves, springs, rods, pistons, modified crank, does 9500rpms. I was there at both dyno's, the R33 has some crazy stuff that makes it RWD or disables the vicious center...something along those lines. Probably would be closer to 520-530awhp if we had a local AWD dyno, but we don't. The SR20 was roughly 400rwhp, don't remember off the top of my head.

Several Honda Civics/Integra Type R's turning 11,000 rpms. They are timebombs, I have yet to see one guy make a reliable engine doing that, but they do put down power...some over 300whp NA. I know the owner of the Skyline and he drives it easily once or twice a week, does probably 500 miles a month. Seems fairly reliable.

I originally come from the BMW scene, where my E30 M3 that did 8000rpms was the 'ish'. Then my E36 did 7000rpms. Those were pretty high...then I met the guys with the japanese tuner engines. Really enlightened me to the difference between German and Japanese engineering.

Wes
Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 155 Posts

Not to get off topic....but why is you guys are giving Nissan engines such a hard time?

Nissan has produced some of the sweetest engines of all time starting from the great Straight 6 L series that was first fitted in the 1970 Datsun 240Z. Their simplicity, excellent power potential without sacrificing longevity is well known and respected in all automotive circles.

Yasin
Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Not about nissan - at all. About an arrogant insulting *******, that fails to contribute without insulting everyone in his wake. Then when asked directly will not even post a single pic of his "magic" 700HP 10,000+ rpm car.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

No one is giving Nissan engines a hard time, people have actually said in previous posts that Nissan does in fact make great engines. What people are arguing over here is that Drifto claims he has one of these 10,000 RPM 600rwhp Nissan's in his garage, and blatantly insults members such as Guns951 about his project, etc... Nissans are pretty damn reliable in stock trim IMO, but I've never dealt with a modified one.

-Darwin

2bridges beat me to it, sorry!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Not about nissan - at all. About an arrogant insulting *******, that fails to contribute without insulting everyone in his wake. Then when asked directly will not even post a single pic of his "magic" 700HP 10,000+ rpm car.
+1
Even when I'm being an ******* I dont come across half as badly as this guy.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Thats the credit of forums, you never know who, what, or why they are there. I have toned down my information as much as possible where as 5 years ago I had no hold backs. There are the majority who are here for give and recieve information, but there is a minority who are here to give hell, stalk people, etc... Unfortunately there is no way of weeding them out being a public forum.

Nissan makes fabulous engines, in halfway decent cars. They went through a crisis in the mid 90's-early 2000's, but have since revamped completely. They have always had stellar engines in every catagory from the VE35 in the 300ZX, albeit its complexity, to the god of inline 6 cylinder engines, the RB26. Porsche focused all its time and energy on mastering the flat-6, and undeniably has the best on the market; even STi owners will agree who think the turbo flat-4 is god.

Wes
Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Nissan engines are good but not a chance in hell they are as good as Toyota engines, I have owned and still own toyotas and nissans and I can tell you there is a huge gap between nissan and toyota in regards to quality and engine longevity.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
5speed300
Racer

2jz powaaaaa
Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Originally Posted by lart951
Nissan engines are good but not a chance in hell they are as good as Toyota engines, I have owned and still own toyotas and nissans and I can tell you there is a huge gap between nissan and toyota in regards to quality and engine longevity.
6 one way, half dozen the other...I think they are hand in hand. There is much more US support for big power Toyota engines, but there is much more support for Nissan engines in Japan. I have never owned either, but they all seem way more reliable than any Porsche I have owned.

Wes
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by whakiewes
I have never owned either, but they all seem way more reliable than any Porsche I have owned
:GASP!: Blasphemy!

-Darwin
Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
Awww you guys are too much! 3 Page thread all for me? Too bad you haven't read my previous postings else you'd already know what I am running.
I think you miss the point King Drifto, so let me take this time to clearly articulate some things here for you. First and foremost, this thread was only created to get you off of Guns's wonderful project thread, so you weren't polluting and thrashing it. What he is doing with that car in monumental, and is a great undertaking. I think I can speak for the vast majority on here that what he's doing is very unique, historic, unheard on Rennlist in our forum, and a great tribute both Porsche and the Rennlist community too. I know that JD (the owner) is quite proud of what he's doing too. But I don't think you get this, do you? So whether you are a non-paying member, or a full time member, I don't see how to any degree you going onto that thread and thrashing him and his project car adds any value? How? How does your posting bring happiness, excitement, joy, fun, laughter, or anything positive to that thread? It doesn't, because it's quite clear you are on a mission, and one of them was to tarnish that thread. Concurrently, you're going around thread hopping and making some ugly and unfriendly comments in those too. So as I said before, if you have nothing positive to say about what a guy is doing with this car, let it go. If you want to worship your Nissan, then go to the Nissan forums and talk shop all day along with your ricer buddies over there. But don't come into this community and thrash on a guy's car, especially since he's done nothing instigate this at all. That's point number one. Do you follow me so far, for this isn't quantum physics Drifto.

Solo wanted to call you out on this Nissan that is street legal and revs to 10K in the US. As we all know, anyone can cut, copy, and paste a build-out sheet, dyno runs, and even fake pics. Hell, since I'm "old school" to you (you raced at the pro level? really?), I could call 4 teams right now I know that compete in several IMSA series, and could get all the stat and data sheets I need. So does that prove 100% that the car is mine? No. So your credibility as this car being "your" car has yet to be seen. And at this point, I could care less. This is a 944T forum that you are on, right? And oh, you still haven't posted photos of you, you in the car, you next to the car, or anything to 100% validate that it is indeed your car, have you? No. And given your unfriendly behavior from the very beginning, I would venture to say that most people would question if the pics you posted are really yours anyway.

So this thread that Solo created wasn't created to question Nissan's. This is a 944T forum you are on. And we welcome members and non members at all times. But it has been very apparent to me and others, from reading numerous postings by you, that you aren't here to be-friend people or behave in a manner that is respectful - quote on the contrary. Anyway, this thread was to try and stop you and this immature, uncalled for, and harassing behavior, to one of the nicest guys, who's undertaking a huge and wonderful endeavor. That's how this all started, so don't loose sight of that, and twist the thread into this being about Nissans and RWHP, TQ numbers, and revving capabilities. It is simply about respect for a fellow Rennlister. And it is your behavior toward him and his project car that I find quite disrespectful and insulting. So do the community at large a favor, leave him alone, stay off his thread, and don't come around if you don't have anything of value or nice to say. We don't want it nor welcome it here. And it is clear, as I said above, that your intentions aren't sincere, kind, or in any friendly capacity too.

Mr. GTP "Old School", over and out.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Back in 1982 I had a toyota tercel with 189k miles, one day I notice that the temp went up while driving on the fwy, I pulled over and checked the oil dipstick and the car was dry, I proceeded to the next exit bought a single quarter of oil and drove home withouth any problems, I sold the car with over 209k miles, still running. I would like to see a Porsche engine, chevy or bmw do the same , lol. Btw I had also a nissan 510 that overheated because of a leaking radiator and that car had to be rebuild.

Let me add something, Nissan has better desing in regards to style than toyotas, my daily driver are toyotas not because they look good in fact they are fugly as hell , but no car for the money can't touch their reliability.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think that Rolex hit the nail on the head. Everyone here has been thinking we are talking down about Nissan engines - which we are not. What we are wanting to discuss here is the behavior of Mr Drifto and his apparent lack of respect for anyone. The reason I started the thread about his car is because he comes on as if he is some expert and that we should bow to him and his knowledge. Yet as far as we know he's some 15 year old who can hit the search button on his computer. He berates and ridicules members here on the premise that he is superior. I think I've tried to make it very clear that I don't appreciate his behavior or his attitude and I'm certain that I'm not the only one.

So how about this to clear things up. How many of you think it was OK for Drifto to call Guns "idiotic" in the Gulf 944 Turbo thread? Try defending that one. I for one believe that no matter what his knowledge is he has no right to disrespect members and for that attitude he should get the boot - at least temporarily. He'll probably say that he doesn't care what we think and my response is good - make it a permanent ban then. I only want guys here who actually want to be here. Not guys who come here to make trouble and give attitude.

Quick Reply: Driftomagnfico 600 WHP, 10,000 RPM Nissan Thread