What should this one sell for

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should this one sell for

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just curious, with those low miles would the engine be able to hold some substantial mods without any rebuilding?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

bump, please just want to know what a fair deal is!!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

thats not a deal... it's a steal!!! I'm guessing once you reach ~400hp +, you'll start to need a clutch upgrade and internal engine work.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice one. I'd go for it. The bidding will go past the buy it now before end of auction most likely. That's a really good find and depending on leakdown I'd say it'd be nice and safe to throw a Vitesse Racing stg III on with some SFR goodies
Old 01-20-2007, 04:38 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it were me, and I've been there, I'd buy the biggest beater with a good body that I could find. Then rebuild it the way you want to. It's really not that expensive compared to spending good money on a well kept car only to put more money into it with modifications, and then even more when the stock parts don't hold up. Leave the original examples to the people who want originals. If I ever do it again, I'll probably buy a shell and interior from Lart and go at it. Honestly, it'll be cheaper that way. Just my opinion of course.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:53 AM
icat
Race Car

I don't get it.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What is that next to the fog light switch? Looks like it might have had an aftermarked alarm or something...I personally hate those...also I thought it was funny how the seller noted "86 turbos do not have airbags, 87 and up have dual airbags." Honestly tho, it looks like a very clean car, if it's what you want, I'd say go for it!

-Darwin
Old 01-20-2007, 11:43 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mortymower
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just curious, with those low miles would the engine be able to hold some substantial mods without any rebuilding?
If those pics are recent, and those records are accurate that is a steal for that car! And no modded done too! If someone is in the market, like I was, for a excellent example of a 951, that is one to look at. Great buy for someone.

And your defination of substantial mods might be very different than someone elses too? My definition might be totally different than yours too. But under the assumption that the car is 100% mechanically healthy, it can hold up with some nice mods like; a MAF, custom chips, 3 bar reg, bigger injectors, etc. Not sure if you are aware of this, but Special Tool has been running a stock bottom end of his car for years now, and it has held up fine. And that's despite the total abuse he's put it thru, hitting past the 500 RWHP mark too!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why do people always leave out the driver bolster shot - just right on the edge. Nice car but has icat's sold yet? I think I'd know where to save 5k for mods and maintenance
Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ski
why do people always leave out the driver bolster shot - just right on the edge. Nice car but has icat's sold yet? I think I'd know where to save 5k for mods and maintenance
They leave out that shot either because they forgot, or trying to hide it's condition. I would speculate, based on the other pics it is in great shape though? And why ask about icat's car, are you in the market? Ski, you can't get the green light from the wife to get new rims because of some house updates, and now you are sizing up a 944T? You're funny pal! J/K.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
turbo8
Pro

" There are no signs of any prior accident damage"

whats that mean? was it in a crash?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
If it were me, and I've been there, I'd buy the biggest beater with a good body that I could find. Then rebuild it the way you want to. It's really not that expensive compared to spending good money on a well kept car only to put more money into it with modifications, and then even more when the stock parts don't hold up. Leave the original examples to the people who want originals. If I ever do it again, I'll probably buy a shell and interior from Lart and go at it. Honestly, it'll be cheaper that way. Just my opinion of course.
Totally agree with you 100%

Quick Reply: What should this one sell for