Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Kool 944T Racing Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:38 AM
DrRon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Nice find Rolex! I hadn't seen that car before. I really like his version of the pop up delete. Looks better to me than the 944 GTR version. Is that custom job or something that can be purchased?
Hi Soloracer - it can be purchased from e.g. Porsche Service in the Netherlands (info@porsche-service.nl). We have some carbonfibre inserts, looks real nice, and pretty aggressive when they show up in your rearview mirror.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:13 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrRon
Hi special tool,

well, we tried a couple of settings on the dyno, and found that:

- max power at WOT was delivered with an AFR of 12.2 (any 0.2 more or less, we lost around 15 hp)

- any richer between 3700 and 5200, torque went down by some 10's of Nm - in fact, I think that we put the car on the dyno since the video, and have it at AFR 13, and that gained a bit of torque

- at Spa, we ran with a max boost pressure of 15-16 psi, and EGT values of around 1620 Fahrenheit.

- we did another run at Spa with around 30% Xylene added, and we could easily run 18 psi with similar EGT

Was this the data you were looking for?

Ron Verheijen
Yes.
What did you measure AFR on the dyno with?
MAx torque in a 951 At 13:1 runs contrary to 100's of my dyno runs and wideband datalogger.
I get max at 11.5-11.8.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:07 AM
DrRon
Instructor

Originally Posted by special tool
Yes.
What did you measure AFR on the dyno with?
MAx torque in a 951 At 13:1 runs contrary to 100's of my dyno runs and wideband datalogger.
I get max at 11.5-11.8.
AFR - the car has a WBS onboard, including digital readout, and datalogging facility.

That's interesting - when we tried going richer in that area, we actually lost some torque. Hmm.

Our issue is now that we can keep up with the earlier GT3's (just), but the later model (the ones with the 390-420+ engines) get away from us - on the straights, that is. If only there were a good and affordable supply of racing gas here... however, at around $30 per gallon, this becomes a serious buget factor for a racing weekend (I was completely jealous when I was over at Lagina, and saw they have a pump there with 106 at $7/gallon - is that what you call "pump gass"
Old 01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Looks great Ron. Where did you guys get your front bumper cover?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DrRon
The video that is discussed in this post is actually not Hans' car, but rather the sister car to Hans', namely ours.

The video was shot at the Spa/Francorchamps track (our favorite) during the Porsche Spa/Francorchamps days of 2005. We run in the "Racing" class, have great fun there, and prove that it does not take a GT3 to be quick around Spa (especially the double-lefthander called Pouhon, no P-car keeps up with our car's exit speed....).

Don't hesitate to ask further details of the car, and if you are planning on visiting the Porsche days, don't hesitate to swing by, and take a passenger ride with us - we like the 44, and together with Hans' efforts, we appear to have created some new enthousiasm for 944 racing in the Netherlands: there are plenty of S2's, 951's, 968's prepped for racing - and that's not even counting the 944 "basic" cup that is running very succesfully here.

Kind regards

Ron Verheijen
Thanks for clarifying that Ron. I did notice that on the numbers on the car were off by one digit. I just thought that you guys changed them. Now I know it was two different cars! Anyway that was some nice film footage of that car on the track! And I did go to your site, but it's not in English, and photos only get you so far!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:11 PM
DrRon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skip Wolfe
Looks great Ron. Where did you guys get your front bumper cover?
Hi Skip, the bumper is a development that Hans and I did - there are two major openings on the outer corners; we foresaw that we might have to run with two oil coolers, so the openings are symmetrical. We currently run the cars with one Mocal oil cooler (right hand side). The cooler is placed in a carbon fiber insert; air is tunneled into the cooler, and then leaves the cooler just behind the little "gurney" flap - this flap generates a small vortex which helps to extract the air from the oil cooler tunnel.

In case you are interested, the above email address (info@porsche-service.nl) will get you more information.

Kind regards

Ron
Old 01-20-2007, 01:17 PM
DrRon
Instructor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Thanks for clarifying that Ron. I did notice that on the numbers on the car were off by one digit. I just thought that you guys changed them. Now I know it was two different cars! Anyway that was some nice film footage of that car on the track! And I did go to your site, but it's not in English, and photos only get you so far!

You're welcome, glad you liked the footage. If you have a chance, do visit the Porsche days in Spa: you can get rides with plenty of cars! These days are organized by the Francorchamps-based Porsche club - have a look at their calendar at http://www.porscheclubfrancorchamps....ier/calend.htm - this year the days will be towards the end of May.

And about the site being in Dutch - we'll be happy to offer you courses in one of the more important languages of the world, spoken by at least 20 million people in the world, namely Dutch - you will of course have to offer a ride in your car when it is finished!

kind regards

Ron

Quick Reply: Kool 944T Racing Video