Best Coilover Kit for $3500-$4000

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom:

So, have you made up your mind yet mate, or, are you going to still wait and do more research?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rolex,

I think so mate, looks like I am going for some of Essex's best engineering! Its Leda for me mate. Nobody has offered anything compelling by way of experience that can match the experience I have had from Leda in the past. I was almost hoping somebody would come on here and say motons/jhz could get you round the track on inner tubes or the like. But I just seem to get meore and more PM's about Leda than ANY other shock. If I was going for a road car I probably would go for a ride in a KW equiped car to see how they react. But this one is going to be a racer so its horses for courses.
I was a bit disappointed by Whakiewes taking umbridge at our comments and then posting PM's
I got flamed for this when I was new on here and rightly so! This is a board for opinion and not everybody is going to agree. But it doesn't mean writing war and peace. If I was JohnD I would charge him bandwidth!
Pics will be posted aloong with track telemetry once I have it!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tommo951
Hey Rolex, I think so mate, looks like I am going for some of Essex's best engineering! Pics will be posted along with track telemetry once I have it!!
Well, it is your call my friend. I know I tried to offer my advice, as others did too. I am biased, so forgive me. But for the reasons I said before, I think the Ledas are best suited for "your application". Anyway, that is my 2 cents mate. Please take some pics when you get them, and definately let us know how it goes. Are you planning on getting these soon, or is this for the future? Can I come over and we can go around Brands Hatch and test them too? Teach me a few Britsh tricks, and give me some beers too!

Cheers pal!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get them mid summer, I have to get the engine run in then start losing some weight from the car. As soon as we are down to weight I will weigh each corner and give these readings to Leda. hopefully Karl (Racers Edge) will be able to give us some Spring settings and heights based on this Then its time to get them fitted and set. If its not too wet by September will do some testing at Brands then maybe a Fall trip down to Paul Ricard for some testing get wet over here by then. May get it all ready before then but have so many projects on the go as we discussed!! You are more than welcome over here anytime, and yes I do have a few tricks up my sleeve!

Cheers
Tom

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Well, it is your call my friend. I know I tried to offer my advice, as others did too. I am biased, so forgive me. But for the reasons I said before, I think the Ledas are best suited for "your application". Anyway, that is my 2 cents mate. Please take some pics when you get them, and definately let us know how it goes. Are you planning on getting these soon, or is this for the future? Can I come over and we can go around Brands Hatch and test them too? Teach me a few Britsh tricks, and give me some beers too!

Cheers pal!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tommo951
I'll get them mid summer, I have to get the engine run in then start losing some weight from the car. As soon as we are down to weight I will weigh each corner and give these readings to Leda. Hopefully Karl (Racers Edge) will be able to give us some Spring settings and heights based on this. Then its time to get them fitted and set. If its not too wet by September will do some testing at Brands then maybe a Fall trip down to Paul Ricard for some testing get wet over here by then. May get it all ready before then but have so many projects on the go as we discussed!! You are more than welcome over here anytime, and yes I do have a few tricks up my sleeve!

Cheers
Tom
Good luck pal, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with what you chose. And Karl gives some of the best technical and post sales support too! Thanks for the offer mate, maybe I'll vist you guys next year. As I said, I'd love to go a few rounds on Brands Hatch. Also, I've raced and tested on Paul Ricard too. What an incredible GP track, and the view is gorgeous!

Quick Reply: Best Coilover Kit for $3500-$4000