Late 928 taillights on 951?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
Suddenly I love rx-7's

Who doesn't? They're damn sexy machines............
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 AM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Btw is not photochop, I use Photopaint 9.0 from the corel draw suite. English is my 2nd language but I am sure you spell it Photoshop.
I see your reading skills are still lacking. Photoshop, its real name, was mentioned.

I noticed you pulled the pic... For a while. Change of Heart? Someone call you on it? Warning you to stay out of it? My post shows up and the pic comes back. Interesting.

For all the other groupies, try understanding context. PhotoTwit does what he does to get a rise out of people, and that is behavior suiting, oh, say, 12 year old boys in a school locker room. You want to approve of that, and indeed welcome that sort of poster, have fun. Some boards just change with the times, and this one at one time had actual value content. That is now very very sparse. The population changes, the content changes, and the perception changes.

These are the kind of people that sap real value out of experiences, whether it is internet boards or anything else.

WRT PMs - why? Why waste time?

You lay your own bed.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:47 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I find the guys that bring a board down are the trolls who insult people and generally have no regard for others. Lart's picture postings are done in fun. Your tirade was done in anger and an attempt to inflict damage. You may say that his pics add nothing to the discussion and you may well be correct. However, if given the choice between a comical picture or a belligerant tirade from someone with a holier than thou complex I will chose the comical picture every time. Once again.....what exactly are you adding to this thread?

As for the groupies comment - that in and of itself is insulting. It implies that we are unable to come to rational conclusions and that we blindly follow. Your attitude and verbal abuse is the equivalent of the 12 year old bully who doesn't get what he wants and resorts to violence. There is no excuse for your tirade. I'm expecting an apology from you for it as well however judging from your demeanor and apparent immaturity I'm pretty certain that none is coming.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you'll see I am doing my deed helping members who need parts and don't have a big budget.
amen.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

it's clear what she is trying to do. She is provoking me so I can say something like “let’s meet so I can kick your sorry ***” than Randy comes in and bans me forever, lol.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's clear what she is trying to do. She is provoking me so I can say something like “let’s meet so I can kick your sorry ***” than Randy comes in and bans me forever, lol.

Randy V (Super Moderator & 928 Owner) coming after Lart --->
Old 12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Colin Emerson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 928 and would like a 951, however I have always thought that the taillights on the 951/944 look very dated, remind me of something off of an old Honda Accord I used to drive.

This is not a shot at 951/944 guys, but the tail lights look very dated to me. I do know some 928 guys are updating the tail light look, by repainting the orange signal lens to red
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Colin Emerson
I own a 928 and would like a 951, however I have always thought that the taillights on the 951/944 look very dated, remind me of something off of an old Honda Accord I used to drive.

This is not a shot at 951/944 guys, but the tail lights look very dated to me. I do know some 928 guys are updating the tail light look, by repainting the orange signal lens to red
Post some pics and let's see what they look like?

Old 12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by BrendanC
I see your reading skills are still lacking. Photoshop, its real name, was mentioned.

I noticed you pulled the pic... For a while. Change of Heart? Someone call you on it? Warning you to stay out of it? My post shows up and the pic comes back. Interesting.

For all the other groupies, try understanding context. PhotoTwit does what he does to get a rise out of people, and that is behavior suiting, oh, say, 12 year old boys in a school locker room. You want to approve of that, and indeed welcome that sort of poster, have fun. Some boards just change with the times, and this one at one time had actual value content. That is now very very sparse. The population changes, the content changes, and the perception changes.

These are the kind of people that sap real value out of experiences, whether it is internet boards or anything else.

WRT PMs - why? Why waste time?

You lay your own bed.

Dude - relax. This is the REAL car-guy forum of Rennlist. We kid around here because we are not easily-offended little girls. He is just busting your stones- and he HONESTLY does not like 928's.....
He also ALWAYS routes for the underdog - hence the love for the "little" 4 cylinder 951.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BrendanC: Lart doesn't mean harm, he is a good guy. So don't take it personally and get bent out of shape. Just have fun with it, that's one reason why we are all here. I know how you can feel, but that's not a reason to use vulgar words, like you did and verbalize such rage too. My God, after reading your postings, I can feel the heat coming off of my monitor. Take it easy pal. I used to be like you. See below:

I used to be like this --->

Now I am like this --->
Old 12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Colin Emerson
Instructor

I am not sure how to attach the link to that thread, but the topic is called "painting tail lights red"....if you can believe that. I think they look pretty sweet, updated, the orange signals are looking dated on most cars. I think one guy said it cost him about 2$ worth of transparent paint(testors)
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

This is what I did..

Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Colin Emerson
Instructor

Did you use the transparent paint? Or find a red lens?
I like it
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by blodstrupmoen
This is what I did..

That car is beauiful, but I don't see what you changed???
Am I stugatz??????
Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Did you use the transparent paint? Or find a red lens?
I like it
uh?

Clear lenses and a set of Oem Euro taillights + dremel and glue .. Thanks

Quick Reply: Late 928 taillights on 951?