Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Broken 944 turbo :-(

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:56 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had the rear wheels up on another set of wheels that i have for the car about 1' up. Then i jacked the front up as far as i could, put jack stands under it, put a 8" spacer block on my jack and jacked the front of the car up some more by the frame rails behind the fenders.... Then put the jack stands all the way up under those rails...pretty high. Lowered the motor down on an atv jack, before i lifted the car all the way up, then raised it. Dropped the atv lift and rolled it out through the wheel well hole- or out the front i had the bumper cover off too.
Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't you have to pull the engine forward first? Did you have to remove the radiator to do this?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:46 PM
DuffyT
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my land lord just said that she wants her barn back so now i dont have anywhere to do the engine drop. she gave me a week so i might be able to do it today or tomorrow, but not sure.

i have the front and back lifted right now.. the bottom of the engin is about 18 inches off the ground.. will i be able to get it out with it that high or should i jack it up further?

looks like in the pics you took all the steering stuff out too.. is that nessiary or do i have to do that? since i cant use the barn anymore i was hoping to take the engine out and then put the wheels back on and roll it out in the the driveway and keep it there... anythoughts?

-Tim
Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
AL951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
i had the rear wheels up on another set of wheels that i have for the car about 1' up. Then i jacked the front up as far as i could, put jack stands under it, put a 8" spacer block on my jack and jacked the front of the car up some more by the frame rails behind the fenders.... Then put the jack stands all the way up under those rails...pretty high. Lowered the motor down on an atv jack, before i lifted the car all the way up, then raised it. Dropped the atv lift and rolled it out through the wheel well hole- or out the front i had the bumper cover off too.

Hi I had a question

were did you get those stands?.............are they for trucks, and how high those it need to be for the engine assembly to clear the chassis?

thanks alot.

Regards,
AL

Quick Reply: Broken 944 turbo :-(