Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wally World get together

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wally World get together

Met with David FLoyd for a few minutes earlier today.
His new paint is very well done and the hood louvers are great.
The engine compartment is clean enough to eat off.
Nice car!
Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Looks very nice boys, glad you had a good time. Hey Tim, I looked at your sig and didn't see it. Which rims are those, and what size tires you have on that beauty?

Old 12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Hey Rob , thanks

The wheels are CCW 18x9 up front with 255/35/18's , the rear are 18x10 with
285/30/18's S03's .
There's room in back to fit a 295/30.

The helmet in your avatar? Is this a real Senna helmet? Art work looks different than what I remember him wearing. He was quite the driver. I saw him in Montreal running against Alain Prost. Ah those were the days.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Nice looking cars. It looks like you didn't get the snow we did last week so you can still enjoy them.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to see you again, your CCW's are very sharp wheels, going to add those to my short list of wheel options.

My engine bay is not as clean as it usually is, just have not had the time to clean up all the bodyshop dust yet.

Tim is really setting his car up nice !

2 Vitesse powered 951's
Old 12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tconn
Hey Rob , thanks

The wheels are CCW 18x9 up front with 255/35/18's , the rear are 18x10 with
285/30/18's S03's. There's room in back to fit a 295/30. The helmet in your avatar? Is this a real Senna helmet? Art work looks different than what I remember him wearing. He was quite the driver. I saw him in Montreal running against Alain Prost. Ah those were the days.
Thanks for the stats. Did you give exact measurements to CCW? If you gave them a fittament sheet, with the car stats, they can tell you the maxium width with the offsets you have. You may, but I don't know, without doing any body mods, be able to fit 305s, maybe? I bet street 295s you can do it. I am currently looking into the Profil 5s (David F. likes them too!) now with Fikse at Corporate headquarters and a technician there.

The Senna helmet? I don't have that one. I have two custom painted helmets, one which is a copy of Alain Prost's, which I will attach a pic of at the bottom. I just tweaked it a bit versus his exact one. The other custom helmet I have is on my web site. Both were done by Troy Lee Designs too. The Senna helmet that is my avatar is a limited edition Silver Anniversary one someone came out with. It is very, very rare, to say the least.

And yes, I remember the days of Senna and Prost (the "professor") going at it. That was probably my favorite time in F1. And don't forget, you also had Nigel Mansell as a top contender in there too, and later on was Shuey. But to me, Senna was the best driver of all time.

Anyway, back to you guys. Did just the two of you meet? Go for a drive anywhere? Any street racing -->

Old 12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Landjet
Nice looking cars. It looks like you didn't get the snow we did last week so you can still enjoy them.
No snow, just the nice cold HP producing temps
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Anyway, back to you guys. Did just the two of you meet? Go for a drive anywhere? Any street racing -->

I was actually there for work, no fun for me, Tim came by so we could check out our mod progress
Old 12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by David Floyd
I was actually there for work, no fun for me, Tim came by so we could check out our mod progress
Kool. Cars look great. David, Santa needs to get your those rims you want!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

David , I was slightly embarased to open my hood after looking at your engine bay. You've given me a new goal, to have mine looking as nice as yours.
Hood louvers are definetly on my list also.

Rolex, I called CCW and told them what I had and they pulled up the fitment charts and made them to order.
295's will definetly fit but don't think 305's will without body mods.
Nice Helmet! The professor was always my favorite! Senna was by far the best driver ever. It's to bad we didn't get the chance to see more of his driving.

And Rob , I don't street race, I always obay the speed limit
Old 12-03-2006, 10:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

David , I was slightly embarased to open my hood after looking at your engine bay. You've given me a new goal, to have mine looking as nice as yours.
Hood louvers are definetly on my list also.
well.... I was impressed by yours so we are even.

www.srbymichael.com stamped my louvers, he is about an hour from where we were at today.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rolex, I called CCW and told them what I had and they pulled up the fitment charts and made them to order. 295's will definetly fit but don't think 305's will without body mods. Nice Helmet! The professor was always my favorite! Senna was by far the best driver ever. It's to bad we didn't get the chance to see more of his driving. And Rob, I don't street race, I always obay the speed limit
Tim, did you get a fittament chart, or, did you reply upon what they had in house? The reason I ask is if you go to www.fikse.com, they have a fittament chart. There are tons of measurements that need to be taken. And this is what I will eventually have to do for an "exact" measurement. But when I called them and just spoke to a technician, he pulled out a chart of what they've done on 944Ts. Anyway, you have what you have. I will bet you can fit 295s in there without them rubbing or body mods too. Depending on your year of the car, you have the rolled fenders already? If not, maybe you can carefully roll them a tad and get 305 street in the back, that is, if you want them. I do!

And I too did love both of those drivers with a psssion too. It is ashame what happened to Senna back in 1994, for he not only was one of the best drivers of all time, but an incredible humantarian too. Anyway, click on link below, it is very interesting around what happend to him and that accident.

http://www.thesennafiles.com/s-files/picsindx.html
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Rolex I just relyed on their experience. I have a 89 so the fenders are rolled.
I just can't see 305's in there, but if you can manage to do it great! then the rest of us will know it will work.

Yes Senna had passion and was a human being. Shuey is a great driver but he is just a machine if you know what I mean?

Thanks for the link I'll enjoy reading it!

David thanks for the link.
We've got to get to a couple of DE's this coming year.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

What?? no pictures of David Floyd, damn.

Quick Reply: Wally World get together