Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Guess what I whooped up on at 6 AM this morning.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Flat foot, fifth gear,40 degees f, about 130mph -little wheelspin - no, not kidding."

ST: How much of that is due to jsut the sheer power you are making and how much is due to the boost coming on pretty low for that size of turbo?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toddk911
ST: How much of that is due to jsut the sheer power you are making and how much is due to the boost coming on pretty low for that size of turbo?
I want stats dammit, 100% data! Todd ---->
Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Shouldn't you be at Fedex sending me about 5 gallons of Xylene???
Old 11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
Shouldn't you be at Fedex sending me about 5 gallons of Xylene???
Dude, you didn't get it yet? I thought Lart was gonna send it out in one of his 944Ts, with one of his Amigos driving it across the border, no?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Don't worry about fatty Tool, he doesn't care about going OT! But when you have this info, please start a new thread with all this data so we can all learn. That is, if you don't mind sharing this too? That's up to you.

I care though and it's not my intention to try and wreck every thread getting OT or causing drama. I definitely will post up with results when the time comes. Sorry if I come off like a jerk, I just try to act as serious as possbile when it comes to forums. Maybe I'm just a bit shallow since I seem to always miss the underlying, discreet jokes around here. ST, despite the tone some of my posts may give off, I still think you are THE man! When I grow up I want to spin my rear wheels at 130mph just like you!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Porschefile
I care though and it's not my intention to try and wreck every thread getting OT or causing drama. I definitely will post up with results when the time comes. Sorry if I come off like a jerk, I just try to act as serious as possbile when it comes to forums. Maybe I'm just a bit shallow since I seem to always miss the underlying, discreet jokes around here. ST, despite the tone some of my posts may give off, I still think you are THE man! When I grow up I want to spin my rear wheels at 130mph just like you!
You aren't doing that at all, why say that? As for me, you say you have some theories, and I'd like to hear them for I need to learn. So when you like, start another thread and please share, ok?

And ST? Hell, don't worry about him. He just joined the ricer crowd now and plans on building a 944T Supra. You know, the type of engines that don't hit until 5K, and then spike up, and nose dive all the way down out to redline? But hey, they sure do make over 1000 RWHP, right? He can keep it and claim he has all the "Big Power" in the world he wants. And he can be crowned as the 944T Supra Dyno King too! My pal, ST. The only guy I know who has a brand new race shop in his backyard that would make Rousch Racing jealous!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Over Boost
Instructor

I dont know if vids would do the car justice. Ridding in ST's car is truly a amazing experience. Its the closest thing to time travel!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Over Boost
I dont know if vids would do the car justice. Ridding in ST's car is truly a amazing experience. Its the closest thing to time travel!
But you need a real driver, not him! He is a Dyno King only!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 11-30-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Over Boost

Vids never do any car justice as the sensation of speed really has to be felt, especially with fast cars. I still remember the first fast car I got a ride in (modded turbo mk4 Supra). Up to that point the fastest car I had been in was a mid 15sec 240sx. The first thing I thought up to ~3.5k rpm was "hey, my car could take this on the low-end" (he was light on the throttle for maximum effect), and then he punched it! I'm not joking but, it seriously gave me the Star Trek warp speed vision since everything jumped towards the car so suddenly. I guess going from a 15sec car to an 11sec one will do that to you. It was then that I realized nothing compares to that "takeoff" feeling of a turbocharger (let alone a big one!), at least for my tastes. Shortly afterwards I was doomed to be broke for the rest of my life as a result of the drug that is boost!

I will soon Rolex. Seriously though, could you really learn anything from me? I wouldn't think so at all because it sounds like you have been around and done a heck of alot more than I ever have. You raced in IMSA for God's sake! I wish I could say the same. Some people tend to prefer the physics and technical aspects of things, though I largely base much of my beliefs off of real world results. Part of it is because I'm lazy and don't like to get too technical most of the time, plus sometimes the "science" side of things doesn't translate too well into real life results. Also, coming from the import industry and seeing a huge variety of cars and projects of varying hp/displacement levels plus stuff using some really advanced technology has really opened my eyes to some of the stuff that is lacking in our community IMO. For example, it's unfathomable to me that "someone" would be running the stock 951 intake manifold and throttle body on an over 500rwhp 2.5l or even a 400rwhp 2.5l for that matter! Jesus, I've seen 2.0l and 2.4l motors making 350+rwhp that gain ~20-40rwhp from a larger ~70+mm TB and proper size intake plenum with sufficient length runners. The 951 in question would have substantial improvements in holding top-end hp and torque higher in the rpm with some decent gains in hp and minimal effect on torque using a proper size plenum, runners and a significantly larger TB (I'll be running a ~70mm on mine). I'm going to try and wrap everything into a Gt35r Install thread.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
For example, it's unfathomable to me that "someone" would be running the stock 951 intake manifold and throttle body on an over 500rwhp 2.5l or even a 400rwhp 2.5l for that matter! Jesus, I've seen 2.0l and 2.4l motors making 350+rwhp that gain ~20-40rwhp from a larger ~70+mm TB and proper size intake plenum with sufficient length runners. The 951 in question would have substantial improvements in holding top-end hp and torque higher in the rpm with some decent gains in hp and minimal effect on torque using a proper size plenum, runners and a significantly larger TB (I'll be running a ~70mm on mine). I'm going to try and wrap everything into a Gt35r Install thread.

I agree. One thing I admirer in the ricer tuner crowd (not the ricer poser crowd..) is that they push boundries.
It's a shame that so few people go "all in" when building 944/968 engines.

That's why Rolex would be my personal hero unless he didn't write so much goddamn crap
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Duke
That's why Rolex would be my personal hero unless he didn't write so much goddamn crap
When you change that avatar and out up a real one, then I'll start typing less!

Quick Reply: Guess what I whooped up on at 6 AM this morning.....