Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Guess what I whooped up on at 6 AM this morning.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tool, you're crazy, what are you doing up at 6am hunting for cars for anyways??

Guns, that's a very....interesting av you got there, don't know either to look at the car, or what is ON the car!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hosrom_951

Guns, that's a very....interesting av you got there, don't know either to look at the car, or what is ON the car!
Hos, he has like 80 versions of the same avatar. He is obsessed with creating new ones all the time now too!

Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
Rolex needs to start FedEXing me some Xylene!!!!

Rolexx needs to lose weight, with his fat a$$ he wont be able to fit in his super car.

Last edited by lart951; 11-29-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951

So now you like girls?? what happened to the camels?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Last time I checked no camels in Afg...and yes I love girls...just ask my wife! she's working in the next office over!

Hos: Thanks man...I'll be in Dubai around February 07 with the wife, it'd be great to grab a bite or something if you're not busy. The last time I went through I had only 4 hours before my flight.

Rolex: See below .
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by special tool
Interesting view....
You keep thinking, and I'll keep doing.

Doing what? Last I checked there are still quite a few claims you have yet to live up to. Sorry, but someone has to say it. Your last run produced some nice low-end and mid range torque and hp, though personally I think your top-end curve could use a little bit of work. That's just my opinion, but it wasn't meant to sound as if I was knocking on your car. Your car is most obviously fast as hell, and there's no doubting that. Besides, why limit yourself to Z06's? Once you break the 600 mark you can start gunning for Enzo's?!

The point of my questions is that there seems to be a lack of experience in general in our section of the forum regarding certain things like throttle body sizing, intake manifold sizing, etc and how it applies to higher hp levels. There just hasn't been alot of posted info about some of these things as not too many in our community have really pushed the limits. It would be nice if the few people that have pushed the limits of our drivetrains, like yourself, were more open with their mods lists so that our community can improve and learn as a whole otherwise not doing so will just stifle forward progress. That being said, I think my questions about the intake, TB and comp. housing size are completely valid yet they still remain unanswered. I have my own theories about some of these components and properly sizing them, though it would be nice to hear from someone that has already been there what actually gets the job done.

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic about the 2.8 comment or not? I'm very bad at detecting sarcasm on forums. That's why I tend to try and keep things serious most of the time.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Doing what? Last I checked there are still quite a few claims you have yet to live up to. Sorry, but someone has to say it. Your last run produced some nice low-end and mid range torque and hp, though personally I think your top-end curve could use a little bit of work. That's just my opinion, but it wasn't meant to sound as if I was knocking on your car. Your car is most obviously fast as hell, and there's no doubting that. Besides, why limit yourself to Z06's? Once you break the 600 mark you can start gunning for Enzo's?!

The point of my questions is that there seems to be a lack of experience in general in our section of the forum regarding certain things like throttle body sizing, intake manifold sizing, etc and how it applies to higher hp levels. There just hasn't been alot of posted info about some of these things as not too many in our community have really pushed the limits. It would be nice if the few people that have pushed the limits of our drivetrains, like yourself, were more open with their mods lists so that our community can improve and learn as a whole otherwise not doing so will just stifle forward progress. That being said, I think my questions about the intake, TB and comp. housing size are completely valid yet they still remain unanswered. I have my own theories about some of these components and properly sizing them, though it would be nice to hear from someone that has already been there what actually gets the job done.

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic about the 2.8 comment or not? I'm very bad at detecting sarcasm on forums. That's why I tend to try and keep things serious most of the time.

That is just a goal - you know I will have it over 500 wheel, and it probably won't hit 1 bar by 2500 - it would be nice though, huh?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The point of my questions is that there seems to be a lack of experience in general in our section of the forum regarding certain things like throttle body sizing, intake manifold sizing, etc and how it applies to higher hp levels. There just hasn't been alot of posted info about some of these things as not too many in our community have really pushed the limits. I have my own theories about some of these components and properly sizing them, though it would be nice to hear from someone that has already been there what actually gets the job done.
If you don't mind, kindly share with us all you know. I would love to hear all these theories so I can learn. Actually, why don't you start a new thread and share with everyone all of your findings?

Lart: Get some new pics, old as hell!
Guns: Nice job pal, you're now a Photoshop Guy?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by wolfenstein
you didn't run into one of those twin turbo v12's did you? those are silly fast as well my friend has a sl 55 amg that's fast as well-hell my sedan is fast but it's heavy. HOLY CRAP! i just looked at your sig over 500hp at 2580!!!!!!! that car has got to be a missle

I don't know,man. All I saw was the "kompressor" on the side when he tried to pass me. I didn't know it was amg beause he was behind me at first - but when I saw that and the wiseguy smirk, it was on like donkey kong.
It was a 4 door.
The exhaust was very loud and had a "crackle" to it - I didn't get to hear it long, but longer than that vette, I can tell you. It was very badass.......
And I was running about 550 crank hp with my current weight, so figure that into the equation.......He tried me at least 5 times, and it took me a few seconds each time to put the screws to him
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by porshaowner
at 3bar absolute what is your intake air temp at the valve?

I hit the egt alarm on cylinder #2 at 31 psi the other day.
The alarm progression begins at 1200 f.

Flat foot, fifth gear,40 degees f, about 130mph -little wheelspin - no, not kidding.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
ross255
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit the egt alarm on cylinder #2 at 31 psi the other day.
The alarm progression begins at 1200 f.

Flat foot, fifth gear,40 degees f, about 130mph -little wheelspin - no, not kidding.
Do you know what your intake temperature after the intercooler was?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

That is just a goal - you know I will have it over 500 wheel, and it probably won't hit 1 bar by 2500 - it would be nice though, huh?
It most certainly would be nice! Would this setup involve diesel by any chance?! j/k Jesus, wheelspin at 130mph?! Simply awesome!

Rolex, I'd like to create some threads about these things. First I'd like to get my 951 running again to actually put those theories to work, then I can post the results whether they are favorable or not. Most of the stuff I'm referring to is in relation to properly sizing a turbo, throttle body, intake/exhaust, etc for a given setup and especially for high hp. It seems to me that alot of people around here haven't quite figured out how to properly optimize intake and exhaust flow yet. People running stock throttle bodies, intake and exhausts on 400+rwhp cars is a good example. I'm just waiting on the turbo setup from Tim so it should be running within the next month or 2. I'm putting it on a relatively unmodified motor which I'm not pushing for the 600hp mark yet as I'm still ironing out an exact configuration for a build. I'll shutup now. Sorry to get OT.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

I thought I put it in my last post, sorry.
C6 ZO6.
They are pretty quick.
Oh, THAT kind of snake.... corvette -- i.e., a "rattle" snake.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:31 AM
wolfenstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ran into an e55 amg no doubt, they crackle quite a bit when the exhausts are opened up yeah they are fast-def a wtf was that moment? no way one could keep up with your car though. believe it or not some of those guys are hitting nearly 500 at the wheels but they are lead sleds.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:52 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rolex, I'd like to create some threads about these things. First I'd like to get my 951 running again to actually put those theories to work, then I can post the results whether they are favorable or not. Most of the stuff I'm referring to is in relation to properly sizing a turbo, throttle body, intake/exhaust, etc for a given setup and especially for high hp. It seems to me that alot of people around here haven't quite figured out how to properly optimize intake and exhaust flow yet. People running stock throttle bodies, intake and exhausts on 400+rwhp cars is a good example. I'm just waiting on the turbo setup from Tim so it should be running within the next month or 2. I'm putting it on a relatively unmodified motor which I'm not pushing for the 600hp mark yet as I'm still ironing out an exact configuration for a build. I'll shutup now. Sorry to get OT.
Don't worry about fatty Tool, he doesn't care about going OT! But when you have this info, please start a new thread with all this data so we can all learn. That is, if you don't mind sharing this too? That's up to you.

Quick Reply: Guess what I whooped up on at 6 AM this morning.....