Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Oil leak question with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 08:02 PM
bigred1001
Pro

Default Oil leak question with pics.

Hello everyone,

Got the car up on jackstands, would like comments on whether these are safe jackpoints. Pics 1 and 2. The rear stands are on the trailing arms, near the mount point. The fronts are on the plastic covered frame rails.

Also, pics 3-5 show where I saw some wetness. The oil pressure sending unit appears bone dry. The bolt to the left of it appeared to be weeping around the seal. I tightened it up a bit, but it was already quite tight.

Is that the oil pressure relief valve?

The other area seems to be a clamp that also a brake line holder mounts.
Is there a connection underneath that clamp?
Attached Images      
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:07 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Okay, pic 3 - Power steering resevoir is leaking, it runs down and over the frame rail to drip from where you are showing. It is a power steering line that you are showing in that picture.
In pic 4, the crimp on your high pressure steering line is leaking. Most hydraulic shops can repair this problem, they will just crimp a new section of rubber hose into the line. It doesn't seem to be leaking from the fitting at the power steering pump.
Pic 5 - I don't see it.
For the jack stands, pic 1 - that is the exact right place
pic 2 - It isn't showing terribly well on my screen, but is it on the trailing arm itself? I feel better putting them under the torsion bar assembly personally.
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:15 PM
bigred1001
Pro

Thanks for the reply,

Yes on pic 2 that is mounted to the trailing arm.

On pic 5 i was referring to the bolt that is pretty much centered in that photo, down and to the right of that is the oil pressure sending unit. Thats the one I was wondering if was the pressure relief valve.

Would hydraulic shop= brake shop?

Does anyone have a photo of a jackstand under the torsion bar assembly?

Thank you,
Patrick
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:47 PM
bigred1001
Pro

Also,

It appears there is water dripping from around the starter, clutch area. Its around a rubber stopper above the starter. It is maybe left behind from washing? I havent washed it in a couple of weeks, but it certainly isnt oil, its clear, odorless and feels like water.
Old 11-27-2006 | 01:43 PM
Darwantae951

I put them on the same place up front, but in the rear I use the rear torsion bar assembly as well. You might also want to put something like a thin piece of wood between the plastic and the jackstand. I do that just to keep the jack from biting into the plastic.

Quick Reply: Oil leak question with pics.