Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MAXTRONIC, sooner than we thought...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billthe3
Just looking at the pricing, but I'm tired and not thinking to straight - if we already have bought chips from you, we only need to get the unit itself (the cheapest option), correct?

Good job getting this made that fast though!
That is correct, if you have alrady bought a chip the Maxtronic will come to you with your chip image already pre-loaded on it so you can just pop out your chip and plug in the Maxtronic.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Russell, after I get all this piston stuff taken care of, I'll give you a call get my system set up.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russell,
Do you have an ETA for a MAF capable box? Is there any reason for me to hold onto my SAFC, if I run your unit (i.e., is there anything that the SAFC can do that can't be modified in code)?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Jon Moeller
Russell,
Do you have an ETA for a MAF capable box? Is there any reason for me to hold onto my SAFC, if I run your unit (i.e., is there anything that the SAFC can do that can't be modified in code)?

Thanks,
Jon
Hey Jon,

Working on the AFM transfer function now, so this month MAF chips will be available for various MAFs. Obviously anything we make a chip for, will work on the Maxtronic. From my understanding the SAFC is an input signal tuning device needed to adjust the MAF signal to emulate an AFM signal to work with non-MAF chips. Once the AFM transfer function has been completed, these tuning devices and piggybacks will no longer be necessary for MAF operation. We're also working with another vendor to re-write the function for use with a MAP sensor for even greater flexibility.

The MaxTune software will come with base maps for some known MAF and MAP sensors, and will be tweakable by the user to dial in the exact values for your specific sensor in real time.

Everything that I have the ability to tune in the chip, the user of the MaxTune will have the ability to change. And again, it will remain an open system which anyone can use, including other vendors.

Regards,
Russell
Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MAP setup! Even better! Although I soon I will have a useless MAP conversion piggyback, lol.

Rogue
Old 11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Russell the thing i found with the transfer function is that the space conscious way that it is decribed on the DME limits you ability to fine tune it to get a precise match to a MAF sensor.
I spent a lot of time getting a reasonable match up to the lindsey 30 s1 / s2 MAF sensor.
I found i had to make some changes to the PT map to get the idle to PT transition accurate due to the lack of fine grain control over the function's shape (the lindsey maf curve is steep here). As a curve is resused in each of the 8 sements of the transfer function (with different scaling factors) you end up with a compromise to get a good fit (and a smooth function) across the board.

I used a simple Vin-> Vout piggyback (power perfect) to apply the finishing deltas. That said, she cruised around quite smoothly without the piggyback which was a nice starting point.

Vitesse I would imaging have dedicated additional memory on their plugin board to describing the transfer function, eg making the 8 curve segments independant would do the job nicely.

Last edited by hally; 12-01-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:46 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Hey Hally,

Is it hot down there yet?

I've found the transfer function to be coarse in resolution as you say, and indeed I have even toyed with remapping the loading to compensate, but the fundamental problem is running out of voltage in the top end. So my method will be to shoot for getting the loading setup properly via the function, and then compensate idle and full throttle fuel/timing accordingly. To really get it right as you say it takes more than just making the transfer function fit the MAF voltage curve (slope is more like it). Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Russell
Old 12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Sweet! I'll put my SAFC up for sale, and I should have an extra $150 to put towards your kit.

Muchos gracias, Senor.

-Jon
Old 12-01-2006, 01:07 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Not too hot yet but its been pretty dry, climate change is finally becoming a headline political issue, triggered by the water shortages. Its illegal to wash the car in many areas!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:27 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

BUMP
Old 08-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What? Nevermind the that the thread is dead, what would be the reasoning for such product nowadays?

Quick Reply: MAXTRONIC, sooner than we thought...