Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No start issue/wiring related

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No start issue/wiring related

I am in the process of eliminating all the unnecessary wiring.

Last winter when I stripped the interior, I cut some wiring and stuck it up under the dash. Some harnesses, like for the door windows and mirrors, I simply left under the dash in tact. The associated fuses and relays had previously been removed and the car started & ran fine all season.

I figured I would clean out all that wiring, following it up to the fuse box, and cut it off. Well, as you may have guessed, the car doesn't start. It turns over, the oil pressure gauge goes up (and now it stays up even with the key out,) but no start.

I jumped the two wires (3 & 4) from the airbag harness after running them back to the fuse box.

I eliminated wiring from the doors (windows, mirrors, locks, light switch). From the front of the car (headlights, fogs, turn signals, AC compressor & drier, heater/AC wiring harness, horns). From the dash (everything but the gauge cluster and ignition switch). From the interior (seats, sunroof).

I didn't touch the wiring harness going to the DME or through the engine bay across the firewall.

There were a few wires going to the gauge cluster that got cut, and I think they were for the gauge cluster lighting, turn signals, high beam indicator, and emergency flashers.

What interior wiring from the regions I specified, if cut, would cause the car not to start???

Last edited by shiners780; 11-01-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Possibly related:

When the key is turned to the "run" position, the fuel level and battery charge gauges don't move. The only gauge that moved was the oil pressure, and now it stays all the way up, even with the key out.

Are there any gauge cluster wires which, if removed, would cause the car to not start?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

No ideas? Other than "this was a stupid idea" in the first place...

Quick Reply: No start issue/wiring related