Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The poor guy in the Mustang didn't know what he had coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:26 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never street raced ever in my life. In 16 years of driving and 16 years Porsche ownership never once. And I don't ever see the need to.

Just because some of you are too childush to control your actions does not mean we all are like that.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM
wolfenstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

racing...................wth i wasn't racing just blowing the carbon out
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

How the f*ck could you warn him?

Oh, I get it...you guys who "live a 1/4-mile at a time" probably have some secret hand gesture for "let's not race now there's a cop on the other side of the van". You guys are so cool.

I think you who are calling this guy an ******* are the real ********.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
chapstic951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez Kevin. You wanted to share a little story and look what you started....That will teach you!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Ronin951
Instructor

Originally Posted by M758

Kevin Nice work nailing a street racer before he could hurt anyone.
If he had warned the guy he wouldn't have raced, so you accomplish the same thing. Minus getting the guy a ticket and being a snake.

If anyone believes that a ticket or warning is going to change his behavior think again. Next time he'll just be more cautious. Just as you believe that street racing is wrong (which I agree with BTW), he believes it is not wrong. That's why tickets are a crock to begin with. They don't alter behavior or beliefs, rather they pay cops salary, etc. It seems trafffic cops have a vested interest in people breaking the law

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that this guy is an irresponsible driver and won't change in the near future. I'd personally rather be on the good side of this kind of person.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:02 PM
wolfenstein
Instructor

so the letters on a STOP sign really don't mean-slow to observe police-spin tires on pavement???
that explains alot!!! Soooooooooo the way i'm reading it we can't race, we can't speed, we must obey all traffic rules.........and the purpose of owning a porsche is what? Fthat if that's the case all cars would be identical except for color. For you track guys where do you test? Only on the track?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Hehe, this is getting a little out of control, huh?

I guess the guys that use stoplights as a dragstrip Christmas Tree have never been t-boned by someone trying to beat a red light. I was lucky enough to only almost get hit when I was a young driver, and I wasn't launching out into the intersection either. There was a large vehicle in the turn lane to my left, and I wasn't yet smart enough to slowly creep out to make sure nobody was running the light.

Same deal here, like it or not. I know for a fact that he couldn't see if there was anyone coming from the left. And I'll bet he was too busy watching the light to even worry about it anyway. I have no guilt. I wasn't trying to burn the guy, the cop hit his lights and I waited there for him to get in front of me. I guess I should have tried to block him.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ronin951
If he had warned the guy he wouldn't have raced, so you accomplish the same thing. Minus getting the guy a ticket and being a snake.
Just for the record, I never even acknowledged the guy. He looked away, and stared straight ahead. I guess if I was used to street racing, I would have thought to honk my horn at him, get him to roll down his window, and screamed at the top of my lungs "Don't do it!"

Give me a break
Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
wolfenstein
Instructor

to each his own. alot of us speed, race, whatever-the diff is the maturity level that you're doing it at.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by wolfenstein
For you track guys where do you test? Only on the track?
Yep...
... trying to test my car on the street would land me in jail. I fear jail and I fear the increase in car insurance from going too fast on the street. Plus I cannot safely test the limits of my race car on the street. Simply the corners are not the same. Heck I don't even like testing on tracks I don't race on. Nice for practice, but I can't do the detail set-up the car needs to be fast at my two home tracks that I run most often.

I got a couple speeding tickets in 2000 from doing fun drives in Turbo S. After that I realized it was far better to not try to really drive on the street, but save all that for the track. Best decision I made.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:24 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by wolfenstein
to each his own. alot of us speed, race, whatever-the diff is the maturity level that you're doing it at.
The problem is that racing at stop light I might by driving the otherway. All too often street racing ends up hurt innocent people just going about their normal business. That is why I do care about getting rid of street racers.

Hey you want to ride a motorcycle and not wear a helmet fine. It is your brains spread accross the road. However street racers hurt innocent people not just themselves. That is NEVER cool.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:33 PM
wolfenstein
Instructor

stop light drags are bad news that's why i said depends on what maturity level you're at, speed is bad news as well i'm not saying anyone's right or wrong most of us here do break traffic laws and engage in a speed contest from time to time-you just need to know when to say no.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Ronin951
Instructor

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Just for the record, I never even acknowledged the guy. He looked away, and stared straight ahead. I guess if I was used to street racing, I would have thought to honk my horn at him, get him to roll down his window, and screamed at the top of my lungs "Don't do it!"

Give me a break
Fair enough. I think the assumption in this whole debate is that there is some form of communication that would allow you to warn him. For example, he looked over and gave you some sort of race signal (whatever it may be) and you acknowledged without say shaking your head and pointing to the cop. In such an instance what would you have done?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDeitz951
How the f*ck could you warn him?

Oh, I get it...you guys who "live a 1/4-mile at a time" probably have some secret hand gesture for "let's not race now there's a cop on the other side of the van". You guys are so cool.
How about just pointing in the direction of the cop and mouthing COP? How secret squirrel is that

Originally Posted by JDeitz951
I think you who are calling this guy an ******* are the real ********.
I guess anyone who has ever tried to help someone else out is an ******* then....

Rogue
Old 10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
The problem is that racing at stop light I might by driving the otherway. All too often street racing ends up hurt innocent people just going about their normal business. That is why I do care about getting rid of street racers.

Hey you want to ride a motorcycle and not wear a helmet fine. It is your brains spread accross the road. However street racers hurt innocent people not just themselves. That is NEVER cool.
Only 20% of all traffic fatalities are caused by speed. The vast majority of are caused by impairment or inattentive drivers.

I've recently saw a guy eating a bowl of cereal while driving. That is what worries me, peoples attention not on driving.

Rogue

Quick Reply: The poor guy in the Mustang didn't know what he had coming