Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Awesome 951 on eBay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:00 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to an engine builder and say that you want a race engine, the builder puts in his head, staight away, that within 1 year (slightly more/less) the engine would need to be rebuilt or needs some $$$.

Think of F1, you will be getting more power than the average street car, but would not last as long. Being a turbo, lag would also be a lot compared to the street car.

Tell the builder you want a mondo fast street car, the builder's way of thinking changes again......low end response, drivability in hot/cold weather, spool and various other factors are the builder's aim.....
Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
If you go to an engine builder and say that you want a race engine, the builder puts in his head, staight away, that within 1 year (slightly more/less) the engine would need to be rebuilt or needs some $$$.

Think of F1, you will be getting more power than the average street car, but would not last as long. Being a turbo, lag would also be a lot compared to the street car.

Tell the builder you want a mondo fast street car, the builder's way of thinking changes again......low end response, drivability in hot/cold weather, spool and various other factors are the builder's aim.....
Thanks Hos

Old 10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
ittia
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreyDog
I'm gonna kill myself if that car sells for less than $25k....
Don't do it dude, it's not worth it! | SOLD: $21,750.00. Maybe just scratch your arm or something since it was so close
Old 10-04-2006, 08:48 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote from Hosrom_951

"If you go to an engine builder and say that you want a race engine, the builder puts in his head, staight away, that within 1 year (slightly more/less) the engine would need to be rebuilt or needs some $$$.

Think of F1, you will be getting more power than the average street car, but would not last as long. Being a turbo, lag would also be a lot compared to the street car."

That's exactly why I went with Powerhaus. Well said Hosrom. David builds both race and street motors with all emphasis on reliability. Actually, like Chris White. David has good things to say about him.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:52 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think we should also try to see things from his prespective. He probably gets so many phone calls from dreamers all day that sometimes he feels like he is wasting his time. This is not to say the next person on the phone couldn't be a serious buyer. I am not trying to defend him but I know when I am in the middle of working on an engine or a car, I HATE to be bothered. You try to get in my way and I am ready to take your head off. A lot of the work he performs requires very high levels of concentration and I am sure he gets 10% of actual customers from all the phone calls.
Once again, don't get me wrong. I am not trying to defend him blowing you off but he has been cordial to me every time.
He is top notch and there are no doubts. His engines last races and win races. He is not cheap but I don't think anyone would classify Rolex as being cheap . I am a big fan of his work and try to get everything I can afford from him. Hopefully, your next experience will be better. I wouldn't just write him off yet.
Regards.
Raj
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 PM
apen749
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wanted this this car but I thought it would go much higher. I could of HAD it! I'm just waiting to see the buyer's and seller's comments about each other. It's been three days with no comments plus the buyer hasn't purchased anything on ebay since 12-30-04. Hopefully, the deal will fall through.

Lee

Quick Reply: Awesome 951 on eBay!