Awesome 951 on eBay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Not true. I remember seeing a pic of your engine. Way too much for me and I live in Vegas! As soon as I saw the polished expansion tank, that sent me over and I got a bit woosy. By the way, I absolutely love that intake by milledge. That carbon fiber is better than any polish any day.
Dude, you live in bling town! And the JME is nice. Can you justify $5,600 just for an intake though? Does it walk on water that it is that superior to other vendors?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had no idea it is $5600 dollars! I would like to know the same question if it's that much better. We should start a new thread to see if anyone's ever used it.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:44 PM
special tool
Banned

Gotta watch what you do to keep your torque peak as low as possible on a low-reving hydraulic engine, fellas.......
Old 10-03-2006, 10:46 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I had no idea it is $5600 dollars! I would like to know the same question if it's that much better. We should start a new thread to see if anyone's ever used it.
Do it, start a thread. Be "Defastest"!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Tool that avatar cracks me up but I don't understand what your post meant...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tool that avatar cracks me up but I don't understand what your post meant...
Thats because he hates typing and doesn't use complete sentances. So, he types in Special Tool Ebonics. I still don't understand him. So the only thing I can do instead is just worship the guy, since he is the RWHP! And here he is now.....

Old 10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Guys the JME intake mani thing has been discussed to death around here. He won't sell you one unless you buy an engine, and it is designed for racing not street performance. I have ZERO doubt that it is infact a serious piece of engineering, as JME has long been known as perhaps the very top of the engine building food chain in these cars. Sice 2002, I have yet to see a single lister who has one of these on his car, nor have I ever seen a post about its performance.

Just thought I'd save Joe the time and bandwidth of a new thread.
E
Old 10-03-2006, 11:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jim C.Hammer! It's Hammer time! Nice pic ST.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Wish i would've seen your post earlier E, I just posted a new thread about an hour ago.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:39 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ehall
Guys the JME intake mani thing has been discussed to death around here. He won't sell you one unless you buy an engine, and it is designed for racing not street performance. I have ZERO doubt that it is infact a serious piece of engineering, as JME has long been known as perhaps the very top of the engine building food chain in these cars. Sice 2002, I have yet to see a single lister who has one of these on his car, nor have I ever seen a post about its performance.

Just thought I'd save Joe the time and bandwidth of a new thread.
E
E: I have been on here since 2003, and I don't know anyone who has it too. It is a very expensive piece and he did say to me to that he wouldn't sell it without selling his engine too. And yes it is designed for racing only, so you know that it is going to shift the TQ curve to the right. Not practical for me, but for a racer yes. And by the way, when I did approach JME initially back in 2003 about a 3.0L. He was cocky as hell, didn't like when I questioned him about anything, didn't want to provide any data (I know, I know trade secret stuff!) and said that if I wanted a basic 3.0L it would have a 2.7L head (no option) and for this "basic" 3.0L engine, I would have to supply the engine to him. He didn't want to have to source it, give me any credit for my old one too. Basically, didn't want to help or work with me, period. And on top of that, are you ready, "just" to do the engine, nothing else. No brakes, suspension, tuning, or install new engine - "just" to build a basic one would cost me $45 to $60K. How does that sound? In 2003, just for a "low-end" 3.0L engine. Well, between his arrogant attitude, and what little I was going to get I said, "cya!"

No disrespect to the man. But what he did was great in his time, back in the 80/90s. But now? There are builders who are better, with more cutting edge technology and products that are much better than JME's stuff. Look at JME's web site. He still claims that he can build a 2.5L and have it make 525 BHP. Say what? 525 BHP? That's peanuts in our world now. No wait, let me guess, the web site hasn't been updated since 1985, just like that flannel shirt he is wearing is ancient too. Did he go out hunting before he posed for the site? Gice me a break. Anyway, ST with just a few mods as we know, did blow a JME 2.5L out of the water with his boost turned down too. And for what, 1/10th of the cost too? Sorry, I'll stick with the new school. That intake piece may be a nice piece, but with no data provided (again, I know, I know trade secret stuff) isn't worth the money he charges for it, that is, if you could even get one. So, overall cost to benefit ratio? Sub-par for the times we live in. Sorry, I'll stick with the newer builders and all the new technologies we have any day of the week; like Vitesse for turbos and EMS stuff, and builders like Chris White, thank you very much!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-04-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
E: I have been on here since 2003, and I don't know anyone who has it too. It is a very expensive piece and he did say to me to that he wouldn't sell it without selling his engine too. And yes it is designed for racing only, so you know that it is going to shift the TQ curve to the right. Not practical for me, but for a racer yes. And by the way, when I did approach JME initially back in 2003 about a 3.0L. He was cocky as hell, didn't like when I questioned him about anything, didn't want to provide any data (I know, I know trade secret stuff!) and said that if I wanted a basic 3.0L it would have a 2.7L head (no option) and for this "basic" 3.0L engine, I would have to supply the engine to him. He didn't want to have to source it, give me any credit for my old one too. Basically, didn't want to help or work with me, period. And on top of that, are you ready, "just" to do the engine, nothing else. No brakes, suspension, tuning, or install new engine - "just" to build a basic one would cost me $45 to $60K. How does that sound? In 2003, just for a "low-end" 3.0L engine. Well, between his arrogant attitude, and what little I was going to get I said, "cya!"

No disrespect to the man. But what he did was great in his time, back in the 80/90s. But now? There are builders who are better, with more cutting edge technology and products that are much better than JME's stuff. Look at JME's web site. He still claims that he can build a 2.5L and have it make 525 BHP. Say what? 525 BHP? That's peanuts in our world now. No wait, let me guess, the web site hasn't been updated since 1985, just like that flannel shirt he is wearing is ancient too. Did he go out hunting before he posed for the site? Gice me a break. Anyway, ST with just a few mods as we know, did blow a JME 2.5L out of the water with his boost turned down too. And for what, 1/10th of the cost too? Sorry, I'll stick with the new school. That intake piece may be a nice piece, but with no data provided (again, I know, I know trade secret stuff) isn't worth the money he charges for it, that is, if you could even get one. So, overall cost to benefit ratio? Sub-par for the times we live in. Sorry, I'll stick with the newer builders and all the new technologies we have any day of the week; like Vitesse for turbos and EMS stuff, and builders like Chris White, thank you very much!
He really is an ******* isnt he. 60k for a 944 engine. He must have had that thing blessed by the pope, because for 60K you can make a 944 fly. Literally.

Imagine what you can do to a 944 with 60k.

Hes telling you 60K and he will do some bullcrap to a 944 engine. How badass can he be? I mean I hear hes good, but 60K good?

I guess hes got credibility because its "John Miledge" that said it. I can come up with a smart *** response to this but I wont, because its easily solved. I can write a book about me having a 24 inch dick, and put my name on it, but that doesnt make the mentioned true.

45k can get you in the door with a base model JME engine. I can take that 45k to lindsey racing/vitesse, get a motor that probally is better than his 60k one, upgrade my suspension, take my gf to florida all expenses paid for a month, and buy some bad *** wheels, and a subscription to Martha Stewart living + ky jelly for what hes offering.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just read that last paragraph and had wine come out my nose! He is pretty special isn't he......... LOL

Cheers
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

This might sound a little odd – but I have to stick up for John a little – he only cares about ‘real’ race engines and that is a different world. No disrespect, but ST’s engine would not last long at the track if it were set to the big dyno number setting. When John says 525hp he is referring to what you get out on the track – for 30 minutes straight – not a 5 second dyno run.

Race engines are a different breed.

Go to a PCA club race and see who’s engines a routinely on the podium in GT1 and GT3 (I have had a couple there over the years but not even close to John’s big guns).

That being said – I cannot defend his flannel shirt!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:31 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree there is a huge difference between a dyno run and an endurance race. Remember, Im not a rookie to racing, been there, done that many many times. For those non-believers, anyone can ask ST about how I drive, not that shabby. He has been in the car with me, and has seen my IMSA license, I don't BS. However, for the attitude JME has, total arrogance, and the price "just" for an engine, I think I'll pass on his car and that K-Mart flannel shirt. When I spoke to him, I specifically told him my application. He knew this, yet that was the price for "just" the engine". It was for street use and occassional tracking. I made that as clear as day. As I said, for the money and attitude, you can keep that engine and $5,600 intake (cough)! For my application, I think I'll stick with Vitesse Racing EMS stuff and his turbo, some other vendors parts, and a cutting edge builder (944 Enhancement, thank you very much), and be able to use that $60K much better. And oh, still have plenty money left over to get the Martha Stewart subcription and a year supply of KY too!

Rock: You had me fall on the floor when I read your response!

EDIT: Sorry for going OT, that's not usually my style. Back to the thread, which should probably go to the abyss now. The car was sold, more or less, on the merits of it's "bling-bling" appeal. I hope that new owner knows what he bought and wish him the best. It surely was a beautiful car.

Last edited by RolexNJ; 10-04-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
eospeed
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he talked to you the way he did because he dose not want to do street car work,and thats how he runs them off.Nothing wrong with that, working with street car guys can be a pain in the a**.To each his own ya know.

Quick Reply: Awesome 951 on eBay!