Awesome 951 on eBay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:11 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboX
he is saying he will buy it if some one gives him the money and he will let them have a ride.

rob you have not been reading very good today!!
Youre right. Its late and Im tired. Plus updated my web site too. Im out of here my friend.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:49 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that is a nice car. I hope for all of our sake's he get's 30k or more. I just had my car appraised for $60,000. After Rob gets his done, I'm sure it will be worth that or more. Web site is looking good to Rob. You kill me. I have no idea how you have that saved. I even enjoyed reading it over.

Ehall, I got my fingers crossed for you to win that lottery.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Wow, that is a nice car. I hope for all of our sake's he get's 30k or more. I just had my car appraised for $60,000. After Rob gets his done, I'm sure it will be worth that or more. Web site is looking good to Rob. You kill me. I have no idea how you have that saved. I even enjoyed reading it over.

Ehall, I got my fingers crossed for you to win that lottery.
Thanks Joe. I just updated even more. But once the project gets underway, I can add some really nice photos. I'm going to work on it weekly. In the meantime, enjoy my new buddy here. Test made this for me. It is awesome. It is a Blue face and Gold Bezel Rolex Submariner Character who's looking for more boost.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Phi1720
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My roomate was in contact with this seller at some point last week. If I remember correctly from our conversation, he said something like ~$40k for reserve price on the car.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:02 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

I hope he gets that. I think it's only worth about $30,000 though. Only because of the low horse power. The rest of the car is in great shape.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:21 AM
RogueM3
Pro

I hope he gets that. I think it's only worth about $30,000 though. Only because of the low horse power. The rest of the car is in great shape.
400rwhp is nothing to sneeze at, but you are right that for the "$90k invested", you would think it would push more than 400rwhp. (I think its rwhp, it actually doesnt say)

Regardless the car SOLD for $21,750! Thats got to be the 951 deal of the century...no not the lowest price ever, but paying less than $.25/dollar of mods invested is a good way to save yourself some money, especially had you planned to go all out with the car in the first place.

Rolex, Did you ever get any details on the car, as you said you were inquiring?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RogueM3
400rwhp is nothing to sneeze at, but you are right that for the "$90k invested", you would think it would push more than 400rwhp. (I think its rwhp, it actually doesnt say)

Regardless the car SOLD for $21,750! Thats got to be the 951 deal of the century...no not the lowest price ever, but paying less than $.25/dollar of mods invested is a good way to save yourself some money, especially had you planned to go all out with the car in the first place.

Rolex, Did you ever get any details on the car, as you said you were inquiring?
Car sold? Thats good, good follow up with me. No, he just sent me the essay below, which I posted already. So you know what, I am calling that car out as BS on the performance of it. I think I'm probably the only one to ask for "specific" details, dyno sheets, PSI levels, and more pics. He probably didnt want to bother with it and wanted to sell it as it, with all the bling it has.

"I can take more photos. The magazines were S3 (Speed, Style, & Sound), Hot Cars of Connecticut, and I believe it was in the Challenge Porsche magazine. I have the S3 magazine copy. I have dyno sheets from the pump gas runs were it made 342 whp. I can always accomodate another dyno run for the new owner. If you want more pictures, I need an email address; thanks and good luck."
Old 10-03-2006, 11:06 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Car sold? Thats good, good follow up with me. No, he just sent me the essay below, which I posted already. So you know what, I am calling that car out as BS on the performance of it. I think I'm probably the only one to ask for "specific" details, dyno sheets, PSI levels, and more pics. He probably didnt want to bother with it and wanted to sell it as it, with all the bling it has.
Id say thats probably a fair assessment. I would think he would have stated it in the auction (if only to cover his ***) if the car werent running right, but considering all the $$ poured into that car, I would be all sorts of pissed to only be putting down 340rwhp...it must be crazy-low boost, or some undisclosed issue.

Regardless, all the mods on the car (Kinesis wheels, LR products, etc, etc) make it a decent buy for whoever won the auction.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Id say thats probably a fair assessment. I would think he would have stated it in the auction (if only to cover his ***) if the car werent running right, but considering all the $$ poured into that car, I would be all sorts of pissed to only be putting down 340rwhp...it must be crazy-low boost, or some undisclosed issue.

Regardless, all the mods on the car (Kinesis wheels, LR products, etc, etc) make it a decent buy for whoever won the auction.
Yeah you are right. But, more than likely an "uneducated" 944T buyer who bought it based on bling alone, think about that?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If I were going to try to sell my car I would post my dyno runs for 350 at 16 psi, 375 at 18 psi, and 400 at 20 psi even though I drive it at a conservative 16 psi to keep wheel spin to a minimum. Espeically since the car is nowhere near stock.

If you wants to get the big moneys you gots to do the work to make it stand out and convince the buyers it is worth asking price.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
If I were going to try to sell my car I would post my dyno runs for 350 at 16 psi, 375 at 18 psi, and 400 at 20 psi even though I drive it at a conservative 16 psi to keep wheel spin to a minimum. Espeically since the car is nowhere near stock.

If you wants to get the big moneys you gots to do the work to make it stand out and convince the buyers it is worth asking price.
I agree with Rolex here that while he mentioned the "go-fast" parts, and has pictures of the shiney engine bay, his auction was designed for people to gawk at a beautiful car, not the HP figures the car was making.

I agree with you though, that if I were selling my car, I would absolutely be sure to indicate the known performance levels at any and all "safe" boost levels, even if the car is faster or more tolerable at lower boost levels.

Peak HP numbers sell cars!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree with Rolex here that while he mentioned the "go-fast" parts, and has pictures of the shiney engine bay, his auction was designed for people to gawk at a beautiful car, not the HP figures the car was making.

Peak HP numbers sell cars!
Thanks, it's sad but true. I mean, look at that car, how can you say it's not beautiful? It is. More so to someone who knows jack-squat about a 944Ts. It "was" a total bling-bling car, so the guy didn't have any reason to provide anyone, let alone me a fake prospective buyer, with any real data or dyno sheets. He banked on the car selling itself based on bling, and a list of mods, period. Anyway, it was a nice car though.

And yeah, you are right, from a marketing (selling) perspective, peak numbers sell cars. Sad but true. It's not how I think, but well over 90% of the population does.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:49 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

RKD, Amen to your post. You have to do the work to show it's worth. That was a hell of a deal for someone. Sucks that it went for so low. I think had he done more to sell the car instead of show it, it would've sold for more. That sale is a bad thing for all of us.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

RKD, Amen to your post. You have to do the work to show it's worth. That was a hell of a deal for someone. Sucks that it went for so low. I think had he done more to sell the car instead of show it, it would've sold for more. That sale is a bad thing for all of us.
It was Joe, but you have car sickness anyway? So you're better to have a car that is all bling, and no go? This was you wont throw-up pal!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Not true. I remember seeing a pic of your engine. Way too much for me and I live in Vegas! As soon as I saw the polished expansion tank, that sent me over and I got a bit woosy. By the way, I absolutely love that intake by milledge. That carbon fiber is better than any polish any day.

Quick Reply: Awesome 951 on eBay!